//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Main gear to clutch gear alignment

--

Main gear to clutch gear alignment

I noticed this when disassembling the motor, now that I'm putting it back together it's doing the same thing. I've put everything back exactly like the diagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7871.JPG   IMG_7872.JPG  

--
    Is the primary gear on backwards?? Looks like it has a hub facing forwards, can it flip around??

You can't be missing a shim because your crank is outta threads....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Is the primary gear on backwards?? Looks like it has a hub facing forwards, can it flip around??

You can't be missing a shim because your crank is outta threads....
    The gear is on correctly, as you can see on the schematic the primary gear has a stepped side that sits against the spacer / seal runner. As for the spacer/seal runner that also has a stepped area. I tried it both ways with the same result. I can tell its been running like this for awhile by the mesh marks in the clutch basket gear.

--
    This is what mine looks like. I think it's normal.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170326_115647661.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	241302
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    Yep, that is fairly standard on a lot of different motors. I wouldn't worry about it, but it does seem like they should be perfectly aligned, doesn't it?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Yep, that is fairly standard on a lot of different motors. I wouldn't worry about it, but it does seem like they should be perfectly aligned, doesn't it?
    Its only the most important gear in the motor.

--
    Just put my brothers triz together and it was the same way. I questioned it to but it lined up with the wear marks in the basket gear like it was before

--
    Exactly like my Tri Z as well

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //