//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Anyone have issues with RJATV rear bearings on a 200X?

--

Anyone have issues with RJATV rear bearings on a 200X?

Going to have to tear apart my 200X again I think.

I bought rear bearings and installed them but after not so many hours I have play again... Could the axle be worn? Play is up and down. Not side to side.

Side note. Rear pads are wore out. Seems the up and down play is not good for the rear pads...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Make sure your bearing spacer isn't worn .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I've seen many axles that got water in them and the journals wear down on the axle.

What brand of pads were they? because thats a chitload of play to wear out brake pads.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Make sure your bearing spacer isn't worn .
    I second this. If the spacer is worn you'll put a side load on those bearings that they're not made to handle.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I've seen many axles that got water in them and the journals wear down on the axle.

What brand of pads were they? because thats a chitload of play to wear out brake pads.....
    Thanks guys. I will have a good look at the spacer when I rip it apart.

DC. It is a cheap chinese rear caliper. Pads were in it when I got it. I also rebuilt the rear master at this time too. Made sure the brake was not dragging etc. I do have big feet (size 12 ) Maybe brake dragging the rear when riding(?)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I've seen no-name $10 eBay brake pads wear out in one ride, no exaggeration.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Thanks guys. I will have a good look at the spacer when I rip it apart.

DC. It is a cheap chinese rear caliper. Pads were in it when I got it. I also rebuilt the rear master at this time too. Made sure the brake was not dragging etc. I do have big feet (size 12 ) Maybe brake dragging the rear when riding(?)
    How are the Chinese calipers? Did your come with a mount? I have seen them all over ebay, some pictured with the mount some without.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I've seen no-name $10 eBay brake pads wear out in one ride, no exaggeration.
    Good to know. I had no idea. I know you get what you pay for. I got about 3 hours on mine. Was thinking maybe the seal around the piston was hanging up(?) I mainly use my front brake while out riding. Funny I mainly use my front brake on the ATC but my dirtybike I mainly use the rear until it gets wet and does not work. I have dual drums on the dirtybike.

'83 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    How are the Chinese calipers? Did your come with a mount? I have seen them all over ebay, some pictured with the mount some without.
    Yes it came with a mount. I also got the one with the parking brake. It does not work very well IF at all. I never use it.

When I first got it and bled the system it could lock up the rear tires no problem.

'83 200X

--
    Well. I have been busy at work and just came off vacation. Living in Canada is hard to find parts for a 200X.

My rear axle has a bend in it. So I found a straight axle with a bearing spacer. Picked it up on my way back on my road trip vacation.

Is there a spec on how long this spacer should be? Sorry I looked and could not find it.

'83 200X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //