//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Shorty MX boots

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Shorty MX boots

I am wearing a new set of Alpinestars tech 2 boots on my errands today to break-in for riding this weekend.
    https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/alpin...FZJffgodDE0KPw

I returned this set of fly Maverick short boots as the top buckle was not really adjustable and they were very stiff.
    https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/fly-racing-maverik-dual

--
    For those of you who don't know, Alpinestars discontinued their shorty Tech 2--my favorite boot. Looks like it is another casualty of the depressed quad market. I picked up an extra pair even though my current boots are fine. I figured by the time I need new boots all the old stock will be gone. If you like these boots, you better get them now.

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    For those of you who don't know, Alpinestars discontinued their shorty Tech 2--my favorite boot. Looks like it is another casualty of the depressed quad market. I picked up an extra pair even though my current boots are fine. I figured by the time I need new boots all the old stock will be gone. If you like these boots, you better get them now.
    I see you are in AZ. I found them on a rack at screwie lewies. Didnt realize they were no longer available. I posted the links just for the pics.

--
    I don't get the point of the shorty mx boots. They allow your ankle to move too much, yes, they are better than work/military boots. Either go full or not at all, I have had enough times riding(mostly on my dirtbikes) that full boots saved my ankles. I once hit a tree with my foot, going full out 3rd gear, ripped the boot open...........but my foot was good, it had a busted big toes. My socks were filled with blood, but point is.....foot wasn't broken.

--
    I ride with those same boots. My soles started coming apart after a couple rides, but they still haven't fallen off yet.

I can' ride with full size mx boots. They dig into the back of my leg when sitting on my 250r. I might be able to on my 450.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I find that shorty boot gives my ankles plenty of support. I have full boots too, but compared to my shorties they are hot and uncomfortable so I only wear them when riding my CRF 450.

--
    All my motorcycle experience is on the street not dirt. I actually was using my old sidi street boots but the soles fell off lol. We aren't putting a foot down on turns like the two wheel MX guys so I liked the idea of a more comfortable shorty boot. For best protection a full boot is best, agreed.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //