//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New guy new to trikes. Bought a 200x

--

New guy new to trikes. Bought a 200x

I go to Pismo twice a year to jetski in the ocean and wanted something to do at night and during the day when the waves get blown out.
    Trike is between the skis. Fits perfect in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGdGLB0p8lk

I started with a FatCat but found it to be gutless and too small for me @ 6' 230lbs. Rode it a few more times in the mountains/snow and sold it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NZbK41ajc

Next was a CR250 with a paddle tire and it climbed everything at the dunes with ease. It got stolen at the end of the weekend when we stopped in Fresno for a break..

After that I bought a 1960's Coot Snoopy fun mobile, but it was big, heavy, and under powered so after some minor restoring I sold it to a collector.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTz2DkN23cw

Well 4th time is a charm, in a pinch and looking for a toy before my latest trip to Pismo I was looking at Banshees and came across an ATC 200x. Having learned to ride on a Suzuki 50 3 wheeler when I was toddler I decided I had to have it. After searching through more and more junk ATC's on craigslist I came across a 200x in good shape and some after market parts. Guy even had the receipts for recent top end rebuild and bore.

700$ later I have a 200x with:
    New rear tires
    Aluminum rims
    DG exhaust (annoying loud)
    New brakes
    Rebuilt front and rear suspension
    New sprockets and chain

I also added a 15w 7" light bar that I powered with a lithium jump starter battery before the trip.

Plan is to keep it for a while at least until I come across a 250r I like.

Being new to ATC's I am hoping to get some insight on maintenance and things to check/fix before they break. As well as changing around sprocket sizes for more power in the sand. I spent most of the time between 2nd and 3rd and had a hard time getting up some of the bigger hills. However, I had a freaking blast trying on this little trike.

--
    Nice 200x u have there

--
    Thank you! I really like it. And with the wheel spacers it is surprisingly easy to ride.

Does anyone know of a tow hitch kit or have any tips as far as towing go? I was tying my beach cart onto the grab bar but don't want to rip it off. Skis are only around 300lbs so shouldn't be too hard for her... I think..

--
    Next trip to Pismo is on October so looking for a set of paddles to run. Has anyone run quad rims/tires and used an lug adapter?

--
    Also should I stick with a 11" wide paddle tire or go with something more narrow/lighter so the little 200cc engine wont have any issues turning it?

--
    Cant have too many pictures:

--
    If you use quad rims with the same 4/110 bolt pattern, like a 300ex, 400ex,450r, etc., you won't have to use an adapter. Personally, since you have a relatively low powered 200, not a 350x or 250r, I'd want the lightest paddles I could get. Also you want ones with fewer paddles. The fewer paddles, the less power required to turn them. No matter what paddle tire you get, it will feel like it's down on power compared to the dirt. You could try using sprockets that "gear down" your final drive. That will get you a little oomph back.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    If you use quad rims with the same 4/110 bolt pattern, like a 300ex, 400ex,450r, etc., you won't have to use an adapter. Personally, since you have a relatively low powered 200, not a 350x or 250r, I'd want the lightest paddles I could get. Also you want ones with fewer paddles. The fewer paddles, the less power required to turn them. No matter what paddle tire you get, it will feel like it's down on power compared to the dirt. You could try using sprockets that "gear down" your final drive. That will get you a little oomph back.
    Sadly I have never ridden it on the dirt. Just a few laps around the block. It will most likely only ever see sand. Thinking I am going to have to pony up for the skat trak paddles.

--
    It will feel like it's down on power from that too. Especially since you're running 18" tires. I'd definitely gear down.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //