//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 tri-z 250 please help !!!!

--

85 tri-z 250 please help !!!!

So I bought a tri z 250 and I took it out for the first ride and something in the bottom end gave out the shaft that the clutch cable attaches too won't engage I was looking at it and it was really loose I grabbed it and I pulled out of the case without resistance what could be the problem and what parts would I need to replace the broken parts and where do I find them I can't find parts for it anywhere .... and help is appreciated I can post pics if it helps

--
    Welcome to the site. Go to the link below, click on tri-z 250, download the manual and study the section on the clutch.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Likely that your push rod broke or something else in that mechanism failed. Not a tough fix just make sure you follow the manual.
    Last edited by yaegerb; 03-22-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thank you I'll look at it right now I love this bike it's amazing to ride

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Yeah, they are neat bikes . I just sold mine and the buyer picked it up Sunday.

This company below carries lots of NOS parts . If they don't have what you need you can also get the part numbers from them and then check Ebay for them . I found one of the last NOS Honda 250r clutch cables in existence from this company for a member here around 2 months ago and he bought it and had it in his hand around 4 days later.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-atv_model16608/

Here's a photo of the clutch . Item number 27 may have broken, however, the site above does not have that part . It is the same as a 1988 YZ490.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    I think the part that broke was number 22

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Why do you think that?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    19, 18, 22, 27 could all have a play in this issue. I would take the clutch cover off and check it out, if the clutch wasn't adjusted right then the engine will spin the bearing (18) and the rod (22) creating flat spots in the bearing and wearing a groove into the clutch arm (27). It will also wear the clutch screw (19) pretty good.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //