//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kenda pathfinders or ams fox a/t

--

kenda pathfinders or ams fox a/t

anyone running kenda pathfinders or ams fox a/t tires on the rear of their machines? i would be looking to put them on my 250 sx. other option would be traditional deestone d930 wooley booger type.
    cost is same for all three styles. wondering what people recommend for all around riding including light mud and moderate snow.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    My grandpa has Pathfindes on his 4 wheeler and they seem like a decent tire but why not some good ol knobbie they work great as a general purpose tire.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Cannot beat the Cheng Shin knobbie on an SX in my opinion. All three of your tire choices have the same amount of plies? Two ply all the way on a trike.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I have Carlisle knobbies right now and they are absolutely pathetic in snow.
    I was hoping there were better options than knobbies

--
    I have Deestone 930s on a 200s and I really like them. I also have Kenda Scorpions on my SX and they are great tires too. I am a little disappointed in the Scorpions because they don't measure out exactly. They are shorter than they say. The 930s do better in the mud than my Scorpions.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Herboso View Post
    I have Deestone 930s on a 200s and I really like them. I also have Kenda Scorpions on my SX and they are great tires too. I am a little disappointed in the Scorpions because they don't measure out exactly. They are shorter than they say. The 930s do better in the mud than my Scorpions.
    That's good feedback. Thanks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Cannot beat the Cheng Shin knobbie on an SX in my opinion. All three of your tire choices have the same amount of plies? Two ply all the way on a trike.
    the deestones are 4 ply. the other two are 2 ply

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Pathfinders run small, If you're concerned about ride height I wouldn't recommend them. They do perform better then knobbies

--
    I have Carlisle knobbies right now and they are absolutely pathetic in snow.
    I was hoping there were better options than knobbies

--
    Where you picking up fox a/t I didn't think they were made anymore I have a pair and they are good tires id like to get another set. It can't find them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Keep in mind a four ply tire will ride harder, but it could also handle better if you can afford to give up the suspension the two ply tires offer. It's all huge rocks where we ride so the cushion the two ply tires offer is almost necessary.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KLT185 View Post
    Where you picking up fox a/t I didn't think they were made anymore I have a pair and they are good tires id like to get another set. It can't find them?

http://tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRE...ams_fox_at.htm

seems like a good deal to me as long asd they are good tires.

the kenda pathfinders are $91 for 2 tires

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    these are what i have on my 200m and are the best knobbies ive ever had https://www.amazon.com/Cheng-Shin-Ge...ywords=22-11-8. They have gone through everything ive put my bike through granted we do not get snow here in south louisiana.

--

kenda pathfinders or ams fox a/t

Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    these are what i have on my 200m and are the best knobbies ive ever had https://www.amazon.com/Cheng-Shin-Ge...ywords=22-11-8. They have gone through everything ive put my bike through granted we do not get snow here in south louisiana.
    Those are great in the mountains where we ride. Great traction all around, mud and snow and lots of flex and give (suspension). Four Snows are better in the snow but the Cheng Shin knobbie does really well for an all around tire.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Try to buy the fox a/t there are not available it sucks cause they are good tires!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //