//ArrowChat Code

Thread: color question for the experts!

--

color question for the experts!

were the 1985 200x's available from the factory with white front and rear fenders or just red and the 86+'s had the color choice thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

--
    I'm positive the 1985 200X's only had red front & rear fenders, and there was no option for white fenders. I've never heard of an optional color choice either for the 86+ X's.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 207RIDER View Post
    were the 1985 200x's available from the factory with white front and rear fenders or just red and the 86+'s had the color choice thanks!

I'm positive too.

But don't let that stop you. If you could get all the plastics white with the red shrouds, etc and do it tastefully............ I think it would look nice.

Here's an 85 on CL in the OC that I think would look great with just a few alterations.

Quick edit.........that rear fender is a second generation 200x fender which has a much better look imho.
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 03-27-2017 at 10:49 PM.

--
    I have a 85 350x I switched to the 86 color scheme. Almost went 87 but didn't like the white scoops. Then I switched to a red seat cover.
    Unless your going for a museum piece just do whatever you like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    I have a 85 350x I switched to the 86 color scheme. Almost went 87 but didn't like the white scoops. Then I switched to a red seat cover.
    Unless your going for a museum piece just do whatever you like best.

that's a great looking trike and scenery!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I'm positive too.

But don't let that stop you. If you could get all the plastics white with the red shrouds, etc and do it tastefully............ I think it would look nice.

Here's an 85 on CL in the OC that I think would look great with just a few alterations.

Quick edit.........that rear fender is a second generation 200x fender which has a much better look imho.
    great and yes more or less that's what I'm interested in doing thanks for the reply and I have been keeping up with your 200x it's looking great!

--
    85 red fenders, 86 white fenders, no factory options to mix these colours

That picture looks like it's got an 86 rear seat and fender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    awsome the more info the better thanks!

--
    that's a great looking trike and scenery!

Thanks. My favorite bike as of late. Nice area not to far from my house

--
    another question for everyone does anyone recommend drilling a whole in the swingarm and inserting a grease fitting to keep the bearings lasting as long as possible? or when you just toss the new bearings in do you pack it full of grease and let it be..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Thanks. My favorite bike as of late. Nice area not to far from my house

Is that San Bernardino?

207........ I think the bearings would be just fine as is. I may be wrong but I thought the 83 X had a grease fitting.......I'll have to check my manual.

Did you see this one on Ebay? It would look nice with the 86 87 rear fenders. At bare minimum I would be tempted to get a repop decal kit for it.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

--
    Is that San Bernardino?

207........ I think the bearings would be just fine as is. I may be wrong but I thought the 83 X had a grease fitting.......I'll have to check my manual.

Did you see this one on Ebay? It would look nice with the 86 87 rear fenders. At bare minimum I would be tempted to get a repop decal kit for it.

I looked my factory swing arm all over and no fitting but I did see that on eBay it caught my eye at first with how clean it was then I saw it has electric start! I did order a set of reman 1985 tank decals and the tank warning label I have yet to see any other factory decals though is there a vendor or user on here you go through to get them?

--
    I looked my factory swing arm all over and no fitting but I did see that on eBay it caught my eye at first with how clean it was then I saw it has electric start! I did order a set of reman 1985 tank decals and the tank warning label I have yet to see any other factory decals though is there a vendor or user on here you go through to get them?

Gosh.....it's been so long ago I forgot. I did purchase the whole decal set which included the rear long black one and side ones on ebay but that would have had to be 2 years ago.

--
    Is that San Bernardino?

Yeah it is. Back side of lake silverwood/ arrowhead/ big bear. They call it miller canyon. 1500 miles of ohv trails. Love it. Right there is 5400 ft elevation

--
    Gosh.....it's been so long ago I forgot. I did purchase the whole decal set which included the rear long black one and side ones on ebay but that would have had to be 2 years ago.

bummer! I have found the back decal but am lacking the sides!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //