//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tecate guys chime in....86 T3

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    There is an airbox lid in the 4th picture, wake up & put your bifocals on!
    What....you mean there is more than one photo?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR....WITH APPARENTLY POOR EYESIGHT

--
    Thanks for replies. Like I said I know nothing about tecates. I don't think owner knows all the details of it like some of you do, but he's been a trike guy forever and does value his trike. He wants $3500 for it. I believe if I offer less, it will hit the open market. Right now it's not listed for sale anywhere. I did feel it might be a little over priced, but what would it cost me in another 5 years from now? It's not like I find these often and every time I do, and snooze on a deal, the next one is more expensive than the last. It's hard to find a deal on one of these, let alone find one at all in my neck of the woods.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

--
    I can't see that bringing 3500 anywhere in the country. A really really nice running driving one just sold for $4k on facebook
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

Queef Chief is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I can't see that bringing 3500 anywhere in the country. A really really nice running driving one just sold for $4k on facebook
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I thought the price was high as well, but I know tecates demand more money so I just wanted to check with the pros. I wish it was closer so I could see it in person first. I'd have to negotiate over the phone, and he commented the price was a steal and has seen lesser ones sell for that so I don't see too much wiggle room if any. I guess it depends on if I'm willing to pay up or not. I have the money and would really like to add one of these to my little collection but obviously a nice 4K rider would be better if I found one of those instead. I'll just have to see how this plays out. Maybe it will end up in my garage or maybe not.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

--
    editing post delete
    Last edited by ATCeeya; 03-28-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Not sure how the tecates are priced in California, but me and a buddy snagged 3 88 trx250rs from Cali. Seems like it's the only place where a lot of this stuff can still be purchased for reasonable money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

--
    I looked at this machine in person 3 weeks ago. Owego NY.PO had it on CL listed as an all original 87,for $1200. He said he knew he was hi,but people always try to jew you down...I went . It was in a basement,on gravel,,,needed the rear tires pulled off to be carried back out of his basement. The rest speaks for itself. The engine was set. It did NOT kick over. Engine was locked.As said, all the ignition is gone. Grab bar,taillight,LT250R rears, Blown shocks all the way around....I quit looking. Some jackals had called him and offered 2 k sight unseen by the time I got there. He also had a 86 350X that is now back to dust. It has literally grown into the ground. It was not worth pulling out of the weeds and loading. Even with the current increasing market on Tecates, It needs pretty much every single dime you will spend on it to get it where it needs to be. A true shame. It is a parts machine or a very expensive resto.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So guy is trying to flip it for $3500?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If it was in Oswego and it's not in Mik6's hands then it was never a good deal.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Never mind, I didn't read the second page of this thread
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    Man, that's tough to hear....he's definitely flipping it then because he told me he's owned it 3 years and the guy he bought it off of had it 22 years. He said he's just never gotten around to fixing it after all this time.

He texts me again today and said he was looking to sell off his collection and asked if there was anything else I would be interested in. So I asked what he had and he sent me pic after pic. He has over 30 trikes. Liquid 250rs, 350xs, tri-zs, 85 big reds, a ton of 250sx, Yamaha 200,225dx,225dr, all suzukis ever made, just a ton of trikes and most all looked clean. I was going to post pics, but then decided against it....that's kind of a bummer to hear about that tecate. I wish he would have atleast told me he just scooped it up and was making a few bucks. I can appreciate honesty. Sounds like it is rougher than I would have been expecting though. Thanks for posting up.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    That's not cool at all. Dishonesty doesn't pay.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCeeya View Post
    Man, that's tough to hear....he's definitely flipping it then because he told me he's owned it 3 years and the guy he bought it off of had it 22 years. He said he's just never gotten around to fixing it after all this time.

He texts me again today and said he was looking to sell off his collection and asked if there was anything else I would be interested in. So I asked what he had and he sent me pic after pic. He has over 30 trikes. Liquid 250rs, 350xs, tri-zs, 85 big reds, a ton of 250sx, Yamaha 200,225dx,225dr, all suzukis ever made, just a ton of trikes and most all looked clean. I was going to post pics, but then decided against it....that's kind of a bummer to hear about that tecate. I wish he would have atleast told me he just scooped it up and was making a few bucks. I can appreciate honesty. Sounds like it is rougher than I would have been expecting though. Thanks for posting up.
    Owego NY,,,Mik6 was 4 miles from it the night before leaving here up 17...What liars fail to understand about the 3 wheeler world is. It is a small world. Even if you sneak one through the cracks,somebody somewhere is gonna say,hey that's so and so's bike! .. I can give you the number of the PO,his name is Ted,and yes,it was in HIS basement for 22 years. But the current owner has had it 3 weeks,not years . I wonder if he pried that poor 350X up out of the dirt. It had a supertrapp. Possibly the only thing on it worth saving. He wanted $800 for it . Super nice guy and I would have owned them both were it not for idiots texting him outrageous offers without a single pic. Ted was willing to deal,I said nope. Let the guys texting you come and have at it ! It was an easy one to walk away from.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Well I gotta say thanks again for posting up. I'm glad I put this on here, saved myself some disappointment. Looking back on the convo we had, he was definately being shady when I asked him how long he had it and why he never got around to fixing it up, or if he had it listed anywhere for sale, which he did not. Plus he was reciting 1 liners from last owner that he thought was funny, I wonder how he remembered them so easily, maybe cause it was just a few weeks ago! Just little things I recall now that I know what's really up with this thing. I was actually planning to go out to him and try to bring home a few out of his collection, he's got a black and red 225dr and an 86 tri-z that I wanted to buy as well but now I don't have the warm and fuzzies anymore so forget that. The bikes in Albany if anyone else wants it.
    Tpc 450
    86 250r
    86 350x
    86 200x
    86 250sx
    85 225DR
    (2) 84 YTM
    (3) 85 Atc 70

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //