//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Couple questions for the 3ww 90/110 pros

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyJR View Post
    Does the frame have a CA vin number affixed? Motor will have stamped in case vin number and should match on the title. Believe the CL posting had it as a '74. To register make sure you get a bill of sale statement of facts from seller, DMV first to start process paper work that'll be needed for CHP to assign new vin number, then back to DMV. With the added small handle bar bottle leads me to believe it was running on alcohol, I'd like to look at the modes done to the carb.

"HJ" Attachment 241421
    Look for something that looks like this on the frame and motor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danny's13.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	955.3 KB 
ID:	241422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danny's14.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	241423

Easy way to check the cab to see if it is set up for Alcohol is to look at the main jet. You should almost be able to run your little finger through it.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

Tkracer is offline Check my buyer/seller feedback before dealing with me. Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Well the old motor is out and she's getting ready for her new heart.. Hopefully be doing wheelies by tomorrow evening. Then starts the mission of finding someone local to go through this old motor.. Any suggestions?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Where you located in SD? Might be able to help. With that large carb that was installed have you determined if it runs on gasoline or alcohol? Still a nice project.

"HJ" Name:  oldfogey.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.2 KB
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

Tkracer is offline Check my buyer/seller feedback before dealing with me. Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

Hey everyone just an update.. New motor is in and frame and forks were polished up but I haven't had any luck finding someone local to look at the old motor. The donor bike I got was just in too good of condition to part out so I'm currently seeking another aftermarket frame to transfer parts too. If anyone knows of any for sale let me know!!

--
    That thing is a time capsule to the hay day of 90/110 racing. It's honestly every guy who's into these bikes' (me) dream. I wouldn't swap frames or do anything too bold. If it were me, I would send the motor to only a handful of people if it were mine. Most of the people on that list are on this forum. Some of them even commented on this Thread. But that's only because I know that they know what they are looking at. These guys can look at it from a poor quality picture on the forums and tell you that this damn random washer is to a rare Helm & Son part. Any seasoned mechanic can look at the piston or carb or whatever, and tell you it's an old Alky motor and get it running. But will they do it right? Will they stick to period correct parts to preserve it? Will they be able to identify a certain part and tell you where it came from and the history on it and have pictures and all that good stuff? Either one works, but I would put the trust in someone on here first. Hell, they might even have the parts you are looking for to finish it.

Whatever you decide to do with it, just make sure it's ridden and you post a video on here.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    That thing is a time capsule to the hay day of 90/110 racing. It's honestly every guy who's into these bikes' (me) dream. I wouldn't swap frames or do anything too bold. If it were me, I would send the motor to only a handful of people if it were mine. Most of the people on that list are on this forum. Some of them even commented on this Thread. But that's only because I know that they know what they are looking at. These guys can look at it from a poor quality picture on the forums and tell you that this damn random washer is to a rare Helm & Son part. Any seasoned mechanic can look at the piston or carb or whatever, and tell you it's an old Alky motor and get it running. But will they do it right? Will they stick to period correct parts to preserve it? Will they be able to identify a certain part and tell you where it came from and the history on it and have pictures and all that good stuff? Either one works, but I would put the trust in someone on here first. Hell, they might even have the parts you are looking for to finish it.

Whatever you decide to do with it, just make sure it's ridden and you post a video on here.
    Yah I figured I would find the most help here.. As far as frame swaps goes the only "swapping" going on would be from the stock frame on the donor bike to an aftermarket frame with all the donor bikes parts haha thanks for the input I appreciate it

--
    Here's a picture of the main jet from a completely stock 110 carb and the main jet from the motor that was in the bike. Also the bike came with a spare motor that has the same carb set up but the jet is a 120 not a 130 like the carb that was on the bike

--
    Looks like a drilled out alcohol jet to me , definitely not a 130 anymore lol .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Looks like a drilled out alcohol jet to me , definitely not a 130 anymore lol .

I would definitely say Alcohol.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    I agree with Mike and Joseph, that jet has been drilled for alcohol. Hell I've still got several of those number drilled jets in the jet box.

"HJ" Name:  oldfogey.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.2 KB
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Came across another frame to transfer all the parts from my parts bike to soooo now who wants to build the motors? Haha

--
    Great find there man, lovin the old 90's.

--
    Dang. That thing is sweet.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //