//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate wiring harness

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Tecate wiring harness

Can someone please tell me on a 1986 Tecate where to connect the ground wire that comes off the igniter, also where does the ground go that comes off the wiring harness, thanks guys just trying to get all the electric sorted out.
    Last edited by dabody69; 03-29-2017 at 10:24 PM.

--
    I'm in the same boat with my tri z but can never really get any wiring questions answered.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    Bueller? Bueller?

--
    Fry? Fry? Haha
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    I don't know anything about the 86/87 T3 but the 84/85 T3 grounds everything at one of the coil mounts.

--
    The ground that comes out of the bottom of the coil mounts under the low side of the coil--it only runs about 1 inch. I put it between the "bar" (sticking out of the bottom of the coil) and the frame. Make sure you have metal on metal contact. From what I remember, the ground coming from the stator connects to the CDI. There is another wire that comes out of the CDI and attaches to the bottom of the coil (it has a flat clip so it should be obvious).

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    The ground that comes out of the bottom of the coil mounts under the low side of the coil--it only runs about 1 inch. I put it between the "bar" (sticking out of the bottom of the coil) and the frame. Make sure you have metal on metal contact. From what I remember, the ground coming from the stator connects to the CDI. There is another wire that comes out of the CDI and attaches to the bottom of the coil (it has a flat clip so it should be obvious).
    Thanks guys! christph, just so I understand you are you saying that 2 of the ground wires connect at the same place, ie: the low side of the coil, and the other from the stator actually plugs into the CDI.

--
    Well, kinda. The single wire coming out of the stator attaches to one of the single wires coming off the CDI (OEM uses a round bullet coupling). Next, the 3 prong plug off the stator also attaches to the CDI. Then you have one more wire coming out of the CDI--with a flat clip--that attaches to its counterpart on the underside of the coil. Lastly, the short wire coming out of the coil grounds under the lower mount for the coil.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //