//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 3WW Stanley Cup Challenge

--

2017 3WW Stanley Cup Challenge

It's a little early, but I have a few spare moments, so I thought I'd get this up. There are still a couple spots yet to be clinched, but you may want to start scouring the stats if you haven’t paying attention during the season.

Rules have changed just a bit, see below. I’ll get the ladders up as soon as all the pairings are set by the league.

HOW TO PLAY:
    As always anyone can play. Gather points by picking winners in an epic internal struggle between your head and your heart. It helps to not have a team in the mix, so you can remove your heart from the equation and make educated wild guesses. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, because the only thing that’s certain in these games is that anything can and will happen before the Cup is awarded.

POINTS SYSTEM:
    As with previous years I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins, but this year to lessen the chance of a tie there are additional points for those who wish to pick Conference winners and a Cup winner at the onset of the playoffs for 5 extra points of each correct Conference pick and 10 for the Cup winner to be added to your totals at the end of the playoffs. Serious bragging rights are up for grabs on these advance picks!

- Pick your Conference winners (5 points each) and Cup winner (10 points) for up to 20 points
    - The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
    - The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
    - The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
    - The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Good luck!

--
    Since we don't know who will exactly be playing who, I'm going to call the Western Conference Champs Chicago and Eastern Conference Champs Washington. Chicago will win the Cup unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    I agree with your finals pick and winner. I'd love to see ovechkin hoist that cup though. One again no team in the mix so I'll be free to play along.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I'm in! I went to a Dallas Stars game couple months back against the Blackhawks and felt outnumbered by their fans. I'm not a Patrick Kane fan! You just can't beat the Lord Stanley Cup, it's a great time!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    ...... I'd love to see ovechkin hoist that cup though........
    It's waaay to early to start this crap already.

As defending champ, I do feel obligated to defend my title, but I'm not ready for this yet.

The Flyers were officially eliminated the other day, so that's always fun.
    My beloved Pirates open today in Boston, and March madness ran into April.
    Tonight is the national championship game of the urban tree hockey tournament.
    I'll put my swami hat on after we get past these events.

Good luck to all....... well, all except NBFJoe.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    <IN> I always look forward to this challenge.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    I'm in! I went to a Dallas Stars game couple months back against the Blackhawks and felt outnumbered by their fans. I'm not a Patrick Kane fan! You just can't beat the Lord Stanley Cup, it's a great time!
    Cool! Now if we could just get Hublake an a few others to step up we'd have a nice big group. I keep saying I'm going to fly up to Dallas for a Jets game with my daughter one day, I really need to do it before she gets much older.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Cool! Now if we could just get Hublake an a few others to step up we'd have a nice big group. I keep saying I'm going to fly up to Dallas for a Jets game with my daughter one day, I really need to do it before she gets much older.
    Well I guess I might as well chirp in. MY Red Wings are now unfortunately out of the playoffs. I didn't follow them as close this year because, basically they weren't very good.

As far as anybody else that is in the playoffs, I will be rooting for the Maple Leafs. After they stole Babcock from the Wings, they have seemed to turn it around and I have friends that live in London, Ontario that are big Maple Leaf fans, so I will give them my support.

Go Leafs
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Hublake, as much as I hate the penguins it doesn't compare to what I feel for the Leafs. Babcock is a flaming pile of shite for what he did to the sabre's 2 years ago. I almost barfed when they won the draft lottery. Their drunken idiot fans invade out barn anytime they play here and start fights. If they never won a playoff series again I would die a happy man.

Anyways, that does suck that your playoff streak ended, it was a hell of a run. I hope the rebuild is quick and painless for you guys.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    All good things must end. They were lucky to get in the last couple of years. Will start a new streak next year. I go way back as a fan of the Red Wings. I can remember listening to them on radio in the days before TV and FM radio. I live about 250 miles north of Detroit and on a good night we could get them on our AM radio. Station WJR That was the early 50s. Those were the days of Howe, Abel, Lindsay, Sawchuk, Red Kelly, and so on.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Here are the pairings for the 2017 march to Lord Stanley Cup. Good luck gentlemen.

East
    Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers
    Washington Capitals VS Boston Bruins
    Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs
    Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets

West
    Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators
    Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames
    Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues
    Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks
    Last edited by El Camexican; 04-09-2017 at 04:35 PM.

--
    My first round picks:

Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Canadians in 6
    Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 4
    Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Senators in 6
    Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Pens in 6
    ***Eastern Conference Champs – Pittsburgh

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Hawks in 5
    Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames – Ducks in 6
    Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Wild in 7
    Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Oilers in 7
    ***Western Conference Champs – Chicago

***Stanley Cup Champs – Chicago Black Hawks
    Last edited by El Camexican; 04-10-2017 at 11:09 AM. Reason: I messed up

--
    You have the match ups wrong, the bruins are playing the sens and the caps playing the Leafs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    You have the match ups wrong, the bruins are playing the sens and the caps playing the Leafs.
    F*$% me! I swear I triple checked that. Let's start again, thanks.

--
    Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Canadians in 5
    Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 5
    Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – bruins in 6
    Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Jackets in 6
    ***Eastern Conference Champs – Caps!!!

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Hawks in 6
    Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames – Ducks in 7
    Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Blues in 5
    Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – sharks in 5
    ***Western Conference Champs – Chicago

Cup winner - Your Washington Capitals

Disclaimer: I haven't followed hockey much at all this year, i don't have high hopes for my picks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //