//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back on three wheels

--
    I won the argument!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	242921 Thanks for the compliment. I couldn't let Shawn Powell steal all of the glory. Lol. I bought the tires because they were the most reasonably priced 22" sport tires which is what I wanted.

--
    lol congrats? I guess? I did not know we were arguing. Haha. Only thing I don't like about the cst (or many other for that matter ) is the ply is too heavy for a 300lb machine. The duros and kendas are 2 ply. Much more forgiving and plenty durable. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I meant with the tire pictures. My 350X can't hold a candle to yours in the looks department. I didn't remember the CST's being four ply. I though they were two. You're right. I know a lot of people run the Kenda Scorpions.

--
    The argument I had was with the axle nuts not you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I meant with the tire pictures. My 350X can't hold a candle to yours in the looks department. I didn't remember the CST's being four ply. I though they were two. You're right. I know a lot of people run the Kenda Scorpions.
    Lol. Yeah I just dislike the stiff ply ratings on such a light bike. No need for it. Unless your doing serious desert racing. Mines a trail rider

--
    I guess I'll find out how much I like them later this summer when I take it out to Colorado. If I'm ok with them there, they're good anywhere. Of course you know all about riding in the mountains and I don't have to tell you about rocks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I guess I'll find out how much I like them later this summer when I take it out to Colorado. If I'm ok with them there, they're good anywhere. Of course you know all about riding in the mountains and I don't have to tell you about rocks.
    Oh yeah I'm sure there a good tire. I had ITP holeshots xts on mine for a while. They were 6 ply but they worked great. Very similar. But in the slow chattered up stuff they hopped a lot. The 2 ply doesn't. Really depends on preference. Also they were heavy af in comparison. Have fun in Colorado looks beautiful. Watch out for the reefer I hear it's everywhere now lol.

--
    Yes I know it is. The worst of everything seems to be along the Front Range (the eastern edge of the mountains). Once you get out into the mountains, all of the small mountain towns seem to be a lot more laid back and relaxed. More like I'm used to around here. And I will post pics from the trip.

--
    Just so everyone knows, the CST Ambush tires are two ply tires.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	799.7 KB 
ID:	243016

--
    Oh wow. My bad. Coulda swore that's why I counted those out. Take it all back.

--
    That's awesome they're 2 ply. Some websites indicate they are 4 ply, I wonder if it changes with size. I do like them either way.
    I also can't find a weight for them, or other tires to compare with.

--
    Maybe they are made in both ply ratings so we're both right. I know some like Holeshots and Maxxis Razrs are made in two, four and I think also six ply so these could be too. I haven't actually run these much even though I've had then for a few years. I bought them from Golden West Cycle if I remember right. They were the most reasonably priced.

--
    Yeah the website says there all 4 ply all sizes. And that's all I can find from retailers also. These peaked my interest again when Matt showed his. I think maybe his are older maybe they used to make 2ply?

--
    I think I got them in '12 or '13, but can't remember. They haven't been used much since it sat for about three years. I just did a quick look at ebay and found a seller that listed his 20x10-9 as 2 ply and another that listed his 22x10-9 as 2/4 ply. I don't know if that means 2 ply sidewall, 4 ply tread or that he sells both two and four ply tires.

--
    Well, I haven't made tires for the 350x a priority yet, but I think I'll end up with ambushes when the time comes.

I did end up having a couple machines follow me me home over the last couple months though, so I've been busy with them. The 85 sx is a little rough still, but runs great and is an awesome machine. The 125m is an 85 too, I think. It's very clean, all I've done is oil change, cleaned the carb, and tuned it up a little. I will need to go through the carb again I think, it's not quite idling like it should.

Another month or two and i should have time to get them in the woods!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //