//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 85 Honda 250sx clunking noise

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I understand your search for answers and help, it can be frustrating, but ultimately you have to dig into it to see what's going on.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Upon further thought.. I do suppose,if you pull the clutch cover,and have a dowel very close in diameter to the counter shaft, you could fish it through the kick starter and follow the CS out ,capturing all of the gears and washers . Either way,seems to be one i haven't run into... The worst noise in that vid halfway through,sounded like a bad rod.. But the rest , I couldn't make sense of. Keep us posted please.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I will keep your posted for sure, that different side gear comes in today so I'll try to get it installed without loosing parts in the case. If that don't work then guess I'm pulling the motor and digging in.

--
    Well found the issue .

--
    Ouch........

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    Well going to try to sell one of my parts Yamaha tri Moto's so I can afford the parts to fix the good ol 250sx, is there any specialty tools I need to split the cases?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Criminy! See what you can find with a little digging? I have a spare bottom end here that needs to go. Where do you live?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I live in southeast Iowa but pm me maybe we can figure something out.

--
    Does anyone know if the transmission gears are the same between a 85 250sx and a 87 250sx?

--
    Tope ends are the same if you sit your cylinder on up on the cases.

--
    I found the gear set I need but it's from a 87 so wasn't sure if it would work in my 85 bottom end or not.

--
    Well selling my parts Yamaha tri Moto, so should be ordering the parts for the 250sx tomorrow, I will update you guys as soon as I get them installed and tested.

--
    Parts should be here the end of this week. So hopefully will have the ol girl going again by Monday or Tuesday

--
    New gears in and everything's back together,as long as the rain holds off tomorrow I should be able to install it and fire her up

--
    First try was a fail, but I got it together for the 2nd time and will try it again as soon as Iowa decides to stop being the tropical rain forest and raining every single day.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //