//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Easy push thumb throttle ??

--

Easy push thumb throttle ??

Ok I'm working on one of the many projects I have and this one is a xr600r with dual carbs. I converted it over to thumb throttle and like it a lot better than the twist other than the hard push. Is there any other Honda thumb throttle that has better ratio then the 350 rancher throttle's ? Cause that's what I have on there now. I don't want to spend 140 on a throttle if it doesn't fix my problem.
    Last edited by big specht; 04-19-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    What year XR are you dealing with?

Are you just using the 1 cable to open the throttle and it is still stiff. Do they not come with 2 cables? 1 for opening the carbs and 1 for closing plus return springs on the carb.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Not sure about an easy push but I believe moose makes thumb throttle extenders that you push with your entire thumb instead of the tip. Supposedly its much easier.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I was going to suggest cutting down the springs for the carb slides but that's not something I've ever done and I don't know if there are any adverse effects from doing so.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    It's one cable two carbs I was going to try to take one wrap out of the return spring but I'm already having idle issue's. I'm trying to find a throttle with a different ratio to help with the tension issue
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I was going to suggest cutting down the springs for the carb slides but that's not something I've ever done and I don't know if there are any adverse effects from doing so.
    I've done this and it caused some throttle hang. But they were cheap carbs and the action wasn't very smooth to begin with

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    I'm thinking of a possible carb upgrade too

--
    I've seen people take a 12 gage shell (not live round, just the used shell obviously) and stick it over the rubber of the throttle lever.
    This extends it far enough to gain leverage and make it easy to press. I have tried it, and it does work. Not that I'm advocating it, but it is an option.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    It's one cable two carbs I was going to try to take one wrap out of the return spring but I'm already having idle issue's. I'm trying to find a throttle with a different ratio to help with the tension issue
    Ah. I have a dual carb model and had an older dual carb model. Both had 2 throttle cables.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Banshees and Raptor 660's both had a reputation for having stiff throttles since they both had two carbs. It seems like there was an aftermarket solution, maybe a special thumb throttle, I can't really remember right now. I used to read about it in magazines. Maybe you could use something similar.

--
    From what I've read they are using Honda throttles

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //