//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85' Tecate Spark plug

--

85' Tecate Spark plug

Whats everybody"s favorite spark plug to use on the first Gen, Tecates?
    Thanks

--
    NGK B8ES like almost every other 2-stroke every made. I use them in my Tecates and my R.

I buy 4-packs off Amazon. Mine was fouling plugs at an alarming rate during Imperial Invasion. I believe the stator was on the way out because now it does not run at all.

Before that, it almost never fouled a plug and started 1st or 2nd kick.

If you ride with Banshee riding buddies, they usually have lots of spares.

I think the manual says BR8ES for Canada for some reason. I assume some Canadian equivalent of FCC regs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    NGK B8ES like almost every other 2-stroke every made. I use them in my Tecates and my R.

I buy 4-packs off Amazon. Mine was fouling plugs at an alarming rate during Imperial Invasion. I believe the stator was on the way out because now it does not run at all.

Before that, it almost never fouled a plug and started 1st or 2nd kick.

If you ride with Banshee riding buddies, they usually have lots of spares.

I think the manual says BR8ES for Canada for some reason. I assume some Canadian equivalent of FCC regs.
    I've been using the B8ES with no problems, I was wanting to confirm my choice and also just curious if anyone uses anything else.

--
    The NGK B8EV is a good one also.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

--
    I like NGK's Iridium plugs, especially for higher compression engines where spark energy is important. They are about twice as much as regular plugs but their design allows greater exposure of the spark kernal to the air-fuel mixture. If you look closely, the ground electrode is very narrow at the tip and the center electrode--the iridium part--is also narrow. This allows for a more concentrated and hotter spark.

--
    Good info - I'll try these.

FYI BR8EIX # 5044

Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I like NGK's Iridium plugs, especially for higher compression engines where spark energy is important. They are about twice as much as regular plugs but their design allows greater exposure of the spark kernal to the air-fuel mixture. If you look closely, the ground electrode is very narrow at the tip and the center electrode--the iridium part--is also narrow. This allows for a more concentrated and hotter spark.
    Last edited by jb2wheels; 04-21-2017 at 06:56 PM.

--
    Went and checked out Amazon and was surprised to see the different numbers in front of the B8ES. What the heck??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4027.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //