//ArrowChat Code

Thread: HELP! Tecate Guys Question about Tecate Westcoast, Calfab swing arms and such.

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

HELP! Tecate Guys Question about Tecate Westcoast, Calfab swing arms and such.

Hey guys, I have an 86 Tecate,, mostly woods riding here in the upper midwest, is there an advantage to having an extended swing arm for the tight kinda trail riding I do? Did Calfab or Westcoast even make a stock length swinger for these bikes, and if so are they more rare than their plus 2 plus 4 and plus 6 counterparts, thinking I would like to get a stock one if its appropriate for the type of riding we do most here. Thanks guys

--
    For tight trails, I'd stay stock length. It makes turning easier.

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    For tight trails, I'd stay stock length. It makes turning easier.
    thank you for the replyl

--
    Jesse if you have a Kaw you have to run a West Coast swing arm.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Tecates have extrememly short swing arms stock, they still turn well with a plus 2. My 500 had a +3 on it and Jason Hall was amazed at how well it turned. If you dont have a problem with wheelies stay stock, but if you find your front end too light I'd find a +2
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I've searched for aftermarket swing arms for Tecates for years--I have both CALFAB and Westcoast swingers--but I've never seen them in stock length. The most common length is +2, and occasionally you will see a +4 or -1.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I've searched for aftermarket swing arms for Tecates for years--I have both CALFAB and Westcoast swingers--but I've never seen them in stock length. The most common length is +2, and occasionally you will see a +4 or -1.
    I was trying to be funny. lol The Tecates most definitely need the CalFab. It is what most people ran back in the day on the Green Machines.
    I tried one on my FourTrax 250X and it didnt last a coulple of races before it cracked. They look good but didnt hold up that well.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    When I get back to building my 86 Im going to use my 1st gen Leagers swinger. Its a few inches longer than the stock, mabey 2 or 3".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-60.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	242406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-66.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	897.8 KB 
ID:	242407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment-49.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	242408

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Is your stock arm cracked?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    If your are asking about mine, the answer is no. I had both swing arms sand blasted. They are both getting powder coated soon.

--
    HREatv.com does build new swingers for all year tecates if your after a certain lenght or somthing with a 400ex rear end carrier.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //