//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is a musician? In a band?

--
    music is my third love after atvs/any kind of motorsport and guns. i played bass in a band for a few years. i play guitar, bass, drums not amazing on any of them but i can get by lol. i can play 2 or 3 tunes on the piano too
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

--
    Quote Originally Posted by threewheelin-feelin View Post
    music is my third love after atvs/any kind of motorsport and guns. i played bass in a band for a few years. i play guitar, bass, drums not amazing on any of them but i can get by lol. i can play 2 or 3 tunes on the piano too
    An old band mate/good friend of mine is a multi-instrumentalist. He is awesome on drums, bass, and keys but is truly phenomenal on guitar. Any guitar style he can play it. Really amazing to watch. Unfortunately he spent too much time in his bedroom playing guitar and didn't learn many "life" skills. I think his mom still washes and folds his clothes. He is 35.

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    I think his mom still washes and folds his clothes. He is 35.
    Hell ya!.......I wish my mom would wash and fold my clothes!!

I played the drums but that has long past

Here's my nephews song.

https://youtu.be/ATsu-oSU66A

Classic country is alive and well in SD. One of my son's gigs. Obama phone video

https://youtu.be/xpyNdZf3uys

--
    Drums since middle school but rarely the last 20 yrs. Wife bought me a mandolin and I have a banjo somewhere but I never had the patience to learn them. Like Barnett said, drums suck when you need to be mobile and girls dig guitar players so I lost interest when I was girl chasing age. I've wanted to get another kit and start playing again but there's no room in the house or garage for it and I don't need another reason to drop a couple thousand bux on the kit I need.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Look what pro tools did to the industry .....now you make your millions by touring .....nobody sells records anymore ........ sorry i don`t play .......best blow your face out show -Alvin Lee 10 years after ...... at the old Bayfront Center St. Pete Fla. i`ll never forget .....it helps when your hurtin.....
    Is that place the same as Jannus Landing? I saw a Jane's Addiction show somewhere in St Pete in 1991 when I lived a few blocks away on 9th Street and 9th Ave.....My memory is hazy from those times, though.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I made the first part of the video below for my vintage amplifier thread to show what one of my amps can sound like when it's turned up a bit because there seemed to some interest in that, however, I couldn't play the song I wanted to at the time because I sliced the bejesus out of my finger with a razor blade just a few days before and it hurt like fk all when I tried to play, then it stated bleeding again while I was playing, so last night I added what I originally wanted to play to the same video because it has a more "aggressive" setting and sound, but since ez made this very cool thread, I asked him if he would mind if I posted it here and he kindly said yes.

Please excuse the sloppy playing as I haven't even picked up a guitar for around 20 years . If the first song sucks too much for you, you can skip ahead to the 3 minute mark and try that section . If that sucks too much also you can just go back to ezmoneys first post and listen to his again cuz his doesn't suck at all.

I'm using a Roland GX20 transistor amp which has built in modeling features and a tube sound replicator circuit . They can be found on Ebay for around $100.00 or sometimes less and are only 18"x18" square so it doesn't take up much room . I am not using any external effects boxes and am using a quarter as a pick because it makes it sound a bit more bright/sharp, plus I have only used a plastic pick a few times in my life and can't hardly play with one. . The first song has some reverb and a tiny bit of delay . The second song only has a tiny bit of delay . If you listen closely you can hear a tube type sound . It has even more sustain and feedback if I turn it up a little more but I didn't want to piss the neighbors off.

Rock on Garth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdcw...ature=youtu.be

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If the link in my post above does not work this one may.

https://youtu.be/cdcwsPbG_cQ

--
    The video link is not working, im seeing a black screen. It sounds like your getting soft, talking about your lil paper cut.

I thought you would have had 80 grit mitts after lapping those 500 valves with that wooden stick.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I was just a kid in the 70`s ........i remember gettin in the car after Jethro Tull and i was still tripppin .....freakin da fack out cause i was lost in St. Pete !!! .....Mets played there in spring .......used to play the dogs in Sarasota before hittin the Skyway i`d stop at the nasty shack BBQ`s under the bridge .......best pulled pork w/Carolina vinegar red thin sauce !!!........i`m sure it`s all different now !
    Probably so. My oldest younger brother lives there. He said they were closing Jannus Landing/Jannus Live or whatever they call it to build condos.

I used to drag race over that long bridge between St.Pete and Tampa (Howard Franklin maybe it was called?)

I didn't live there long. Maybe eight months before I moved back to Indiana because I couldn't find a decent job back then

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    The video link is not working, im seeing a black screen.
    Did you try the second link I posted also?

--
    A couple people told me my video links were not working . I think it is because they were too long and I had to get verified from youtube to post videos longer than 8 minutes so I just did that so hopefully this link will work . It repeats itself after 6 minutes for some reason so I probably loaded it twice onto the same video cuz I have no idea yet how youtube works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdcwsPbG_cQ

--
    Chicks dig drummers too...make no mistake about that.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    Chicks dig drummers too...make no mistake about that.
    Yup, no debate about that whatsoever, however, if identical twins show up at a party and one says "Hi girls, I'm a drummer.", but has no drum set with him, and the other says nothing but whips out his guitar and starts playin, who do ya think is most likely to get a chick?

--
    If a woman thought like a man, she'd realize the drummer has rythm, time, patience and dexterity. While the type of guy that shows up to a party with a guitar just wants to fiddle his string all day and play solos.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    If a woman thought like a man, she'd realize the drummer has rythm, time, patience and dexterity. While the type of guy that shows up to a party with a guitar just wants to fiddle his string all day and play solos.
    Not to mention stamina................. well, I've heard some drummers have it.

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //