//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is a musician? In a band?

--

Who is a musician? In a band?

Due to Barn posting a video on his amp thread I figured I would ask who else is a musician here? I got out of playing for about 5 years, then last year met some cool guys and started playing again. We played a lot of festivals, bars, and parties last year. We have a 90s hard rock sound, not necessarily my thing but people seem to like it lol. We recently got a new bass player and played a festival last Friday night. I play drums. (On a house kit for this show unfortunately) Here is a song from the show, starts off slow then ends strong-

https://youtu.be/t9MwGdgLsZs

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    That's awesome! I am not in a band but I play guitar and trumpet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    EZ you guys are great! That's fantastic! I truly wish I could play the drums. There is an inner musician trapped inside of that's been struggling to emerge for years. I bought a guitar because obviously it's easier and cheaper than buying drums, but I'd love to learn to be a percussionist someday. Thanks for posting!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    EZ you guys are great! That's fantastic! I truly wish I could play the drums. There is an inner musician trapped inside of that's been struggling to emerge for years. I bought a guitar because obviously it's easier and cheaper than buying drums, but I'd love to learn to be a percussionist someday. Thanks for posting!
    He Fabio, as you probably read on my thread, I initially only wanted to be a drummer, however, after having a guitar, I quickly learned that there is far more potential to get chicks if you play guitar, mainly cuz you can take it with you everywhere and whip it out at anytime and start playin with it which chicks seem to like , however, it's kinda hard to haul a drum set around, plus it's kinda hard to play love ballads on the drums which chicks also seem to like . It also takes a lot less effort to play guitar, therefore, guitar players can be kinda lazy if they want.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 8DO83 View Post
    That's awesome! I am not in a band but I play guitar and trumpet!
    Post a video, I'm sure ezmoney won't mind . You don't have to be a great player to qualify either . I'm not and I posted one on my amplifier thread after someone asked me too.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    Due to Barn posting a video on his amp thread I figured I would ask who else is a musician here? I got out of playing for about 5 years, then last year met some cool guys and started playing again. We played a lot of festivals, bars, and parties last year. We have a 90s hard rock sound, not necessarily my thing but people seem to like it lol. We recently got a new bass player and played a festival last Friday night. I play drums. (On a house kit for this show unfortunately) Here is a song from the show, starts off slow then ends strong-
    Extremely cool ez . You guys have a good sound and your timing on drums is xlnt, plus ya got the "look", lol . I also like your singer a lot . As you know, good singers are very hard to come by . I was also the singer in some of the bands I was in but it wasn't because I was good, it was only cuz I sucked a little less at it than the other guys.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Post a video, I'm sure ezmoney won't mind . You don't have to be a great player to qualify either . I'm not and I posted one on my amplifier thread after someone asked me too.
    Alright I'll find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I have a long history with music, but in the interest of keeping this comment reasonably short I'll just say that yes I am/was a musician. Used to be pretty good on guitar and was starting to be able to play in a Chet Atkins picking type of style. I played drums in a band with my dad and his uncle. None of us can read a note of music, just play by ear. We played old school (read REAL) country, old rock n roll and whatnot. It was alot of fun for a time.

My Dad passed away last September and my interest in playing music died with him. As much as it pains me to let him down as his wishes were for us (my three siblings and I) to continue the family musical tradition, it's just not in me right now. I still can't listen to our recorded music without losing it. My relationship with music is complicated right now. I am also a metal head and have been immersing myself in it when I listen to tunes. It's the only music that doesn't make me miss my dad really bad.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Berklee drop out here, been playing the Bass Gee-tar since I was 16. I Started out in a prog-rock band, been in some jam bands, post hardcore and prog-metal. Currently with out a band. Working a night shift… it's hard to find a band that practices during daylight hours.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    I have a long history with music, but in the interest of keeping this comment reasonably short I'll just say that yes I am/was a musician. Used to be pretty good on guitar and was starting to be able to play in a Chet Atkins picking type of style. I played drums in a band with my dad and his uncle. None of us can read a note of music, just play by ear. We played old school (read REAL) country, old rock n roll and whatnot. It was alot of fun for a time.

My Dad passed away last September and my interest in playing music died with him. As much as it pains me to let him down as his wishes were for us (my three siblings and I) to continue the family musical tradition, it's just not in me right now. I still can't listen to our recorded music without losing it. My relationship with music is complicated right now. I am also a metal head and have been immersing myself in it when I listen to tunes. It's the only music that doesn't make me miss my dad really bad.
    I know it hasn't been that long since your father passed, but for me music is the absolute best thing I have to remember my dad by. Neither of us had any musical talent so we never had the bond of playing tohether, but the memories of it through my childhood and young adulthood take me back instantly to better times the second I hear a familiar song. I can't listen to The Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Zepplin, Sabbath, Cream, Skynryd, CCR, etc., without instantly thinking of him. Hopefully that comes back to you as time heals all wounds. Without music in my life I would absolutely be lost.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post

Thank you for sharing Ride Red. My dad introduced me to music and playing drums (although he is really a guitar player). We used to play back when I was younger.
    What kind of metal do you listen to?

Joker 90
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Can't claim to be an actual musician anymore as it has been well over a decade since I've played anything but I started out in 6th grade playing the trumpet, then moved to the bass, then guitar until finally deciding I was going to be a drummer. Which thankfully stuck. I played in a death metal band from early to mid nineties, absolutely loved it but our guitarist ended up sleeping with our bass players wife and that was the end of that. Although I picked up the sticks a few more times there really wasn't anything significant after that.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    Thank you for sharing Ride Red. My dad introduced me to music and playing drums (although he is really a guitar player). We used to play back when I was younger.
    What kind of metal do you listen to?
    Thanks for the uplifting words and the intent that comes with them guys. My Dad was an amazingly talented man. He sang very well, played drums in his younger days (and he was still better than I ever could be) played guitar and bass.

I've been into bands like Pantera, AIC (Layne Staley), Korn, Ozzy and the like for a long long time, since I was in high school in the mid 90s. Long time Metallica fan too, mostly Black album and earlier but still dig their newer stuff found on Load, and Reload. They kind of lost me after those though, basically after Jason left the band. Newer stuff I like, FFDP, Slipknot, Chevelle, Slash with Myles, Avatar, Halestorm, Red to name a few. Then there are the old classics, AC/DC and GnR come to mind right off the bat.

Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit there. In hindsight I think I probably should have kept that stuff to my self. After re-reading what I posted above, it was selfish of me.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    No derailment what so ever RR. This is what this thread is about. Just was wondering how many of you guys play music

Joker 90
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Look what pro tools did to the industry ......
    It was inevitable.

Pro tools is the standard but its whack......... Give me fruity loops and even I can sound like Kendrick Lamar.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //