//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 350x aluminum air box

--
    I'm with you knappy. I'm ok modding stuff but 120$ for something I have to work on plus now I gotta buy a new filter I never wanted? Nah. My stock air box is fine and seals up for muddy days. I sent them an email and that's the route I'm gonna go. Send me a return label and I'll package it up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I think it's a great effort by the manufacturer and with minimal adjustments they could have a great product. It wouldn't take much at all to make that accommodate literally "every" air filter and actually fit the machine correctly. I'd like to see them make the needed adjustments for future airboxes and continue producing them. The only way they'll know is if someone tells them though...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    So I've spoken with CFM and sent pictures. There's supposed to be some spacers for the sides and rear for fitment and they test for both k&n and a uni and said the k$n took some work but it should fit. I'll try a little harder and they are sending me proper hardware tomorrow. I'll give them credit they answered my email fast and have replied twice today(Sunday) well see how it goes.

--
    Was the K&N to long to fit? I had a filter sent to me that was longer than the K & N i previously had and i had to stuff it in there. Should have sent the filter back. Maybe order a shorter K & N. Just passing on an experience i had.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    Was the K&N to long to fit? I had a filter sent to me that was longer than the K & N i previously had and i had to stuff it in there. Should have sent the filter back. Maybe order a shorter K & N. Just passing on an experience i had.
    Just overall wide and long. The flange it goes around is deeper than the factory plus it's metal vs plastic so there's no give. Truth be told I barely tried. After the box didn't fit I just gave up almost and started emails

--
    Got my spacers yesterday. I like it much more now. The spacers give the rubber boots a shoulder to press on and extends the studs to the proper width.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt85'350x View Post
    Got my spacers yesterday. I like it much more now. The spacers give the rubber boots a shoulder to press on and extends the studs to the proper width.

Hey did you or anyone ever get the k&n to fit and get a pic? Mines to big. Fits in my factory air box no problem. I also go the spacers and now the box fits great. Filter is a no go. I can force it in there but it won't sit flush and I can't clamp it. Maybe I have a wrong filter? Came with the bike so who knows ...... hate to spend 65$ for another filter that won't fit when mine is fine. Maybe a bit dirty but...

--

350x aluminum air box

So I ordered a uni today. I'll give it a try I guess. I think my k and n is not the right model but somehow fits. It's a tight fit in the factory box. Came with the bike so I just accepted that it's correct. Cleaned it went about my day. Gonna call k&n on Monday and ask for sizes on there filter for a 350x.
    Edit, I checked k&ns website and they give you the dimensions on the spec chart (how nice) and I have the correct filter. So yeah, if the uni doesn't fit, return city it is.

Last edited by Shawn Powell; 05-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    So I ordered a uni today. I'll give it a try I guess. I think my k and n is not the right model but somehow fits. It's a tight fit in the factory box. Came with the bike so I just accepted that it's correct. Cleaned it went about my day. Gonna call k&n on Monday and ask for sizes on there filter for a 350x.
    Edit, I checked k&ns website and they give you the dimensions on the spec chart (how nice) and I have the correct filter. So yeah, if the uni doesn't fit, return city it is.

I've got 2 KN's but I think 1 is for another model. I'll get a pic tomorrow. The 1 I think is right is definitely not fitting

Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Yeah so the k&n I have is correct for the model and doesn't fit. I bought a uni just cause and you can get it in there you have to smash it to get it to seat and about 20% of the filter is smushed into the box. I'm just not ok with that. CFM has told me to return it no questions asked. They state it will work with no flow problems but I'm not convinced. 4 stokes need air volume. Still a great company I think they need to re design this one and I'll gladly rebuy.

--
    Yeah so the k&n I have is correct for the model and doesn't fit. I bought a uni just cause and you can get it in there you have to smash it to get it to seat and about 20% of the filter is smushed into the box. I'm just not ok with that. CFM has told me to return it no questions asked. They state it will work with no flow problems but I'm not convinced. 4 stokes need air volume. Still a great company I think they need to re design this one and I'll gladly rebuy.

Thanks for the update on the UNI. That's disappointing. I'm gonna look into a filter for another model that's hopefully shorter.

Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt85'350x View Post
    Thanks for the update on the UNI. That's disappointing. I'm gonna look into a filter for another model that's hopefully shorter.

I thought about that but decided my air box is ok and I'll use my 120$ on some new seat foam from hi flite. If you use k&n s website they give you all the specs for it so you could get the dimensions for everything they make or probably even call them and tell them what you need. There very helpful. Keep me posted maybe I'll rebuy. Also with the CFM lid on it smushed the top of the uni also so that's like 40% of the filter. I just can't see that being good.

--
    Also I want to say CFM has been easy to deal with on returning it. But they think believe my situation is unique. I'd urge anyone who purchased one to let them know hey this is a bit too small and the filters don't fit. Maybe they will redesign it in the future. It's a great looking air box but the fact the filters don't really fit is a shame.

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Also I want to say CFM has been easy to deal with on returning it. But they think believe my situation is unique. I'd urge anyone who purchased one to let them know hey this is a bit too small and the filters don't fit. Maybe they will redesign it in the future. It's a great looking air box but the fact the filters don't really fit is a shame.

On 6/1/17, 4:14 AM, cfm-performance-atv wrote:

We are going to make a new version of it right now. We started on it today, should be finished and ready to ship on Monday. It will be closer to the dimensions of the stock air box so there is more filter room. Would you like to exchange the air box you have for the new version?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranvier View Post
    On 6/1/17, 4:14 AM, cfm-performance-atv wrote:

We are going to make a new version of it right now. We started on it today, should be finished and ready to ship on Monday. It will be closer to the dimensions of the stock air box so there is more filter room. Would you like to exchange the air box you have for the new version?
    While they did not contact me with that info I'll probably wait till you send out some pics of yours till I buy that makes me happy.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //