Hey folks!
I figured I would post this here, as I've searched all over the internet, and no one has a how to on these forks.. so I got a set of junky xl forks for my 3 wheeler build. they needed everything. so never having rebuilt a fork before, I watched a couple of youtube video's.. they helped a lot, but none of them covered replacing the bushings. mine were junk. now with the xl forks, they have dual syntalic bushings. and because of this I was unable to rebuild the forks in the way that all the youtube videos described it. reason being, the lower bushing won't pass through the upper, so I'm sure a lot of you this might already be known, but it wasn't to me. and since these forks are a bit longer than others it might come in handy to know. anyways, heres what i did and whats different from a regular single bushing fork.

step 1 drain fluid
step 2 remove dust seal, unclip seal snap ring.
step 3 undo bottom rod retaining bolt. (use impact makes life easier)
step 4 (different from what everyone says on youtube) use fork tube as a slide to take out upper bushing, washer and seal together.
(does this trash the bushings? id say yes, get some new bushings before you start)

then back to regularly scheduled programming on a fork rebuild. different steps on reassembly. get yourself a piece of pvc pipe that fits between the tube and slider

step 1 install lower bushing on fork tube, leave slider empty.
step 2 insert tube into slider tighten bottom bolt (don't forget hyrdo lock collar)
step 3 slide upper bushing down fork tube and align in the bore it goes in.
step 4 use pvc pipe as a bushing installer, bushing into place, repeat with seal.

back to regularly scheduled fork rebuild.. is this the correct way to do this? idunno, I am not MR forktastic.. so anyone feel free to chime in on something I did wrong.. but yeah I haven't found anything on dual bushing "regular" forks.. so hopefully this helps someone...