//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Value of Original Honda ATC Trailer????

--
    My friend had one at the cottage many moons ago. I don't think he has it any more.

Where abouts in Ontario are you at harleysled?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    My friend had one at the cottage many moons ago. I don't think he has it any more.

Where abouts in Ontario are you at harleysled?
    Hi I'm down around ft.erie. Be sure to ask your freind if his is available

--
    Man, seeing those pictures makes me want one of those so bad!!

Hey Harleysled, if it isn't too much trouble, do you mind getting some closeups of some of the details such as the latches and hinges on the tailgate, maybe a picture of the underside showing the axle and how it mounts?

Nice score!!! I'm excited for you that you found one. In my years in this hobby, this is the first one I've ever seen aside from the brochure.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    Man, seeing those pictures makes me want one of those so bad!!

Hey Harleysled, if it isn't too much trouble, do you mind getting some closeups of some of the details such as the latches and hinges on the tailgate, maybe a picture of the underside showing the axle and how it mounts?

Nice score!!! I'm excited for you that you found one. In my years in this hobby, this is the first one I've ever seen aside from the brochure.
    No prob at all Frank. I'll clean it up and get it super pretty for all of us to enjoy and then I'll add (likely with help lol) detailed pics from all angles. Ken

--
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysled View Post
    No prob at all Frank. I'll clean it up and get it super pretty for all of us to enjoy and then I'll add (likely with help lol) detailed pics from all angles. Ken
    You have my number man, just send them whenever if you don't figure out tapatalk by then lol. I enjoy getting to see all these pictures first, this is the first one I'm aware of being posted on these forums. So this is a rare chance to see detailed pictures. And will hopefully be a good reference for future finds if they aren't so lucky to get one in good condition yet with the obvious decals and all. Be sure to get a picture of the warning sticker on the front so we can read what it all says. I wonder what paperwork came with them. Any idea if there were titles for these? Why haven't we seen dealer setup instructions for them? I have a NOS dealer setup instruction booklet for my 85 200s. We need to dig up some history on these things, I wonder if there were ever numbers on trailers sold. All that good stuff.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    You have my number man, just send them whenever if you don't figure out tapatalk by then lol. I enjoy getting to see all these pictures first, this is the first one I'm aware of being posted on these forums. So this is a rare chance to see detailed pictures. And will hopefully be a good reference for future finds if they aren't so lucky to get one in good condition yet with the obvious decals and all. Be sure to get a picture of the warning sticker on the front so we can read what it all says. I wonder what paperwork came with them. Any idea if there were titles for these? Why haven't we seen dealer setup instructions for them? I have a NOS dealer setup instruction booklet for my 85 200s. We need to dig up some history on these things, I wonder if there were ever numbers on trailers sold. All that good stuff.
    Appreciate the pic help lol. I'll take good up close pics of all the decals too. No idea on title/ownership. I'll search it well for a vin# etc. More pics in a week or so folks👍

--
    Awesome score! It's the real deal. It's the same as the one I saw at the Honda dealer when I was a kid. Great pics.

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well that right there is a pretty cool trailer.

Just for fun though if "you" saw the trailer come up for sale. What would pay to put on in your garage?
    Personally I would do 500 because I'm cheap haha, , and I am not a collector for a garage peice. But still would be pretty cool.. Nice score for sure..

--
    My brother and I put those together at the Honda Dealer (Big Hatchie Honda-Suzuki) we worked for as teenagers in the 80's.
    The ones we had did not have the graphics on the side. Cool find for sure. We sold tons of them. It's a wonder you dont see anymore than you do.
    I always wanted one of the POSA Trailers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	posa trailer.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	794.2 KB 
ID:	242995
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    My brother and I put those together at the Honda Dealer (Big Hatchie Honda-Suzuki) we worked for as teenagers in the 80's.
    The ones we had did not have the graphics on the side. Cool find for sure. We sold tons of them. It's a wonder you dont see anymore than you do.
    I always wanted one of the POSA Trailers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	posa trailer.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	794.2 KB 
ID:	242995
    . Hmm weird about no graphics on the sides of the ones that you assembled. I'll likely take the trailer to a print shop and get maybe 10-15 reproduction graphic sets made in case someone needs them down the road and to preserve the history of it. Im also buying a pristine Aquarius blue US90 from the same guy plus who knows what else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysled View Post
    . Hmm weird about no graphics on the sides of the ones that you assembled. I'll likely take the trailer to a print shop and get maybe 10-15 reproduction graphic sets made in case someone needs them down the road and to preserve the history of it. Im also buying a pristine Aquarius blue US90 from the same guy plus who knows what else.
    Bruce (blue27 on the boards) from blue line graphics does amazing vintage reproductions. A lot of people here will say the same. If you need someone and can't find anyone to do it local to you then I would see what he can do for you. I'm sure a few people would buy some graphics sets to put on a random red trailer to match their big red, sx, etc. Closest most of us will get to having a matching Honda ATC/TRX trailer lol.

Keep us updated, would be neat to see some trikes pulling matching trailers in parades and at trikefest in the future.

--

Wish I had one.
    Presently own:
    1986 Honda atc350X
    1985 Honda atc250r
    1984 Honda 200es Big Red
    1983 Honda atc185s
    1985 Honda atc70
    1975 Honda Z50 mini bike
    OEM Hondaline Utility Trailer (mint condition - as new)
    1989 Honda FL400R Pilot - newly acquired.
    1968 Corvette L36 427/390HP convertible

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkvette3 View Post

Wish I had one.
    . That pic is awesome. I wish I could get some kind of original flyer or ad for it for my wall

--
    In the picture posted in the above post, I see in the fine print TRAILER-Canadian all-steel construction. Was this sold only in Canada? I see that the brochure was printed in Canada, so I am guessing that this trailer was not available in the US?
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    I heard once that the steel ones where only sold up here but who knows.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //