//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200x

--

200x

Ok just picked up this 200x. Its missing some pieces but overall seems to be in decent shape. It has a xr200 lower and I believe head, because has the decomp setup. Should be a fun project!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

--
    Nice little project.

--
    Does anyone have pictures of there decomp hooked up. Im guessing i will need some hardware near the kicker. Also will i have to trim my fender to kick it back?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbox View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of there decomp hooked up. Im guessing i will need some hardware near the kicker. Also will i have to trim my fender to kick it back?

the rear fender comes off by sliding the lever at the back it takes litterly 2 seconds so just slide it back kick it then put it back in place dont chop your plastics
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Thanks, i was thinking that might be a work around.

--
    Does anyone have a pic of the hardware i need here for the decomp?

--
    The only piece i have not been able to find is the decompression rod. This has a 12.5:1 piston. Am i going to want that decomp working or will it still be easy to kick?

--
    Well your leg has a lot more power than your arm. Easy is a relative term. When I did the top end on my 350X, I went with stock compression. This is my only comparison. When cold, it kicks easy. Not so much when hot. They are known for kickback when hot. The 400ex carb mod made it a lot easier to kick start when hot. I said that because it has less compression that yours does. If it's all ready to go, why wait for one part? I'd get it going and then you can find out if you need the decompression or not. It can always be added when the engine's on the trike. One last thing. With 12.5:1 compression, I'd highly recommend only kicking it while wearing motocross boots. The steel shank can be a life (or foot) saver. Once, I thought I broke my ankle from a kickback on the 350X. Even with stock compression, I'll never ride it without them again after that.

--
    Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately it needs more than just that. Alot of small parts missing. Im also worried about the part in the rocker cover rattling. Ill add motorcross boots to the list.

--
    Also since the rear brake pedal mounts to the forward kicker cover, im not sure how to setup a back brake.

--
    People have modified 350X brake parts to work on their Autox's. It should work with your 200"XR".

--
    I'm new here to this site and new to the ATC and my 84 200X that I was given to pay off a debt was missing a bunch of stuff also but, it did fire up first kick after I replaced the float bowl gasket.
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across your 200x?

--
    Craigslist

--
    Looking for the rubbers that hold the rear fenders on the tank studs. If anyone has any theyd sell please pm me.

--
    Some on ebay for $30

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //