//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Trikefest 2017- The real story (not much has changed)

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Trikefest 2017- The real story (not much has changed)

I have been hearing a lot of things and stories from people, so I called up there and talked to John, the new manager for about 20 minutes this morning as well as someone else on staff. There are 2 big things;

Haspin Acres has instituted a no night riding rule between the hours of 10pm and 6am. This especially applies to the campground area in the front, and does include campsite to campsite riding in those hours. If your bike is loud enough to be heard up at the office from the campground, or you are ripping around in the area then it could be problematic. If you have a quiet bike that isn't annoying as , you can ride camp site to campsite. If you were out in the woods after 10pm and come back in, you will not be permitted to go back out. But you wont be in trouble for being out, and coming back in. Just don't attempt to go out, after 10pm. Because the weekends are busier, they have hired Laurel police to help enforce this on the weekends.

Great news is; riding down the hill to the river to swim IS STILL PERMITTED. All machines must be kept out of the river and river bed though, and cannot cross into town or travel the government roads. There was some conflicting information on this last year and recently, and I asked this several times to clarify. So we're still good on that front.

Rumors of everything else going on or different is apparently just that, rumors. They will still prep the tracks and accommodate us as best as they can. Glenn is still there running equipment as well.

They're also in the process of building up some dedicated RV camp sites along that pond that may have some hook ups eventually. They have been getting pounded with rain and he wasn't sure if they would be finished by the time we get there.

They have had a ration of thefts, accidents, and property damage and the night time riding rule is to help curb that as well as provide time for people camping to have some dedicated quiet time. We understand that this is a departure from previous years but we ask that everyone be mindful of Haspin's request and do their best to spread the word and abide by their rules.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    As long as Riverfest is still in effect I am completely satisfied! Thank you William!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    After having watched everything unfold the way it did last year I would like to add two small things.

Take your friggin time going up and down the hill to and from the river!!! There is a sharp, blind corner on the driveway and people will be traveling in and out of the park at all times!!! There are race tracks provided INSIDE THE GATE.

Always, always, always have a helmet on, always. Even site to site. We had a rash of people last year who thought the rules didn't apply to them and they ended up in the hospital while simultaneously costing us liberties! If you see someone riding a three wheeler without a helmet, by all means do not be shy and correct them please!

Thank you.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    And please clean up after yourself! No trash on the ground! OK I'm done.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I don't night ride e felt to the shoe tree, so that doesn't bother me much.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    This is good news! I was worried things were going to dramatically change and TF wouldn't be at all what it used to be. I totally agree with what Fabio said about helmets and trash! We had to have what was turning into a strongly worded conversation with somebody last year about not wearing a helmet! It makes us all look bad when 1 person on a trike isn't following a well known and simple rule! Trash is VERY easy to get rid of also! There are plenty trash cans and if there isn't one at your camp, take trash bags and drop it off at the dumpster. When the front end loader comes around camp, be courteous and help load YOUR trash into it if you are at your camp! Lil things like that go a LONG way with helping TF survive.

--
    will there be any trikefest shirts for sale by mail after or before

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by KIM 501 View Post
    will there be any trikefest shirts for sale by mail after or before
    The shirt order has been placed, how ever I haven't got the shirts yet. They normally get here a week or so before Trikefest. Send me the shirt size (s) and I will see what I can do.

Howdy

To all: I quietly ordered a few extra TF16 shirts and a couple hoodies. Limited quanities if anyone is interested. First come first serve.

--
    And pleas I don't care how excited you are , because of a drag race or lust being pumped. Stop tearing through the parking lot! its a rule and some of our friends camp there with there family , you know who you are
    82 200e
    85 250es
    86 250r

Trike fest 08,09,10,11,12,13,15 and counting
    Coal creek 09,10
    Invasion 2011 , Trikes ridden in 13 diff states and counting

--
    Hey Billy I have a question. With the new no loud bike after 10 pm thing, what shall we do about herk and jerk? Just trying to plan ahead as kiser won't be there this year so it will be big spect, me and probably Brent organizing it and hooking chains. Any ideas? Thanks
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Can't forget about barrel racing
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Andy..I don't know or have the answer to that yet I'm hopefully that maybe while we're there something can be talked to and worked out with John, but it may be a matter of just shutting it down earlier and not running quite so late into the night. We will have to play that one by ear.

-Billy
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 06-05-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Coulda swore it was Kiser that posted that and not Andy...

--
    Ok, thanks
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    time to move trikefest to http://www.buscobeach.com/ one year
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //