//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 86 Tecate.... Finally

--

86 Tecate.... Finally

Finally sprung for a parts bike to rebuild.

Ended up giving $300 for it. The frame is cracked/rewelded in all the right places, bottom right fork tub snapped where the axle goes thru, got 2 motors in the deal and 3 boxes of parts.

Also a set 85/6 honda 250r lopro fenders. They are for sale or trade for T3 fenders. Not really sure what they are worth???

I need a swinger and shock to make this bike a roller then I'll focus on salvaging the motors to build one good one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

--
    It's always nice to start with a bike that needs work and see it come to fruition. Fixing it up is half the fun.

--
    Ive got extra forks and many other 86 Tecate parts. Hit me up if you need anything.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    that thing had to go off a 50 foot cliff or get hit my a train to break the fork tube so i would check the frame alignment very carefully.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    that thing had to go off a 50 foot cliff or get hit my a train to break the fork tube so i would check the frame alignment very carefully.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    Good thing straightening bent frames is part of my job description

It definitely could tell it's fair share of stories!

--
    What's a NOS left shroud worth?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350xtrike.rider View Post
    What's a NOS left shroud worth?
    I recently saw a new one for $90.00 on ebay.

--
    Got her up on 3 wheels tonight. There's a banshee shock in there now, not quite right, I need a 300ex if anybody's got one lying around..

Next order of business is to rebuild the motor. I'm going to try and tackle this myself so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I already know I'm gonna need the kicker shaft and gears and some powervalve misc. stuff.

Also where do ya'll get your nikasil plating done at? I'm not at all familiar with the process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	244907

--
    So hard to find one not in pieces.
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    I can already see the beauty. I love the 2nd gen Tecates.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 350xtrike.rider View Post
    Got her up on 3 wheels tonight. There's a banshee shock in there now, not quite right, I need a 300ex if anybody's got one lying around..
    ummm....no, you need the stock original shock unless you weigh around 240 or more, and milner brown, aka onformula1, probably has a few he would sell.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    Watch out for the power valve governor arm nut, it is Left Hand threads. 3000 other people missed the service manual note on that.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    Ive got extra forks and many other 86 Tecate parts. Hit me up if you need anything.
    I nedd a good shock for a T3

--
    Quote Originally Posted by dabody69 View Post
    I nedd a good shock for a T3

Send a pm to nd4speed here if 3wd doesn't have one . make sure the shaft has zero pits . you need to look at it with a magnifying glass. If you are not heavy, that shock with stock damping and a stock spring are as good as you will get unless there is a gold valve for them now. If you run an extended swing arm you will likely need a heavier spring and possibly heavier damping but that depends on your weight and how you ride it etc.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    I sold all of my tecate stuff years ago, I have no parts unfortunately.

This thread contains info on alternative shock options:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ap-Interchange
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //