//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I'm really the olderslowerspider now but, foolishly new to the ATC

--

I'm really the olderslowerspider now but, foolishly new to the ATC

I was given an 84 200X as payment for reviving a poorly stored for 38 years 1971 CB750K
    and it was missing a few things as you can see in the image here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170315_173108979.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	243079
    There was no seat, fenders or any mounting hardware, no CDI box, no float bowl gasket, no airbox and only a garbage foam pod filter but, now I have all of that stuff, she runs great and am in the process of making her complete which is how I keep my vintage Hondas.

Name:	IMG_20170514_110152314.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	243080
    I take old neglected Hondas from the 60s & 70s (and early 80s now) and make them run as good as the day they left Japan, it is what warms my cold heart.

--
    That's a cool hobby. Welcome. Most of us like old Hondas.

--
    I'm preserving the OEM rear fender I bought from eBay and spending too much money on supplies to get it to where I think it'll look good enough.
    Not restoring it, preserving it so all of the neglect and abuse scars will be visible and it will be proper red when I finish it. I know I could buy another one in better shape but, that wouldn't have the same character as this POS I love.

Name:	IMG_20170518_150417459.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	243118

--
    Hi Fasterspider ! Sweet on getting the old stuff back into running order ! Going threw the same thing with a 84 x currently just went threw the engine now working on cosmetics etc. People definitely get a kick out of seeing them on the trail ! ( And road got a bunch a old CB's sohc and dohc ) You wouldn't have happened to go to mmi with a kid named Branden from PA ? ( Bike got stolen while there). Street ride with em all the time ? Good luck with the project. Let me know if you know the kid.

--
    Wow dude, small world and yes, I did goto MMI with Brendan so tell that screw up to call me because last time I spoke to him, I was in bad health and confused his name with someone that pissed him off.
    818-259-8690

--
    Yeah you ant Kidding Haha. Remembered the Handle name and that he said you had a good collection of dohc Honda's ! Got to love the sound of a CBX with RC pipes ! I'll pass your number along. Be prepared to bust on em for buying a H-D ! Lmao. Good Luck with the 200x rode mine for 2hrs or so today fun machine ! Needs more power as with everything !

Quote Originally Posted by fasterspider View Post
    Wow dude, small world and yes, I did goto MMI with Brendan so tell that screw up to call me because last time I spoke to him, I was in bad health and confused his name with someone that pissed him off.
    818-259-8690

--
    I'm rebuilding a TRX400EX for my buddy and he wants a 440 kit installed because there is no replacement for displacement.
    My 200x has enough umph to scare the hell out of me for now and I am going to sell it but, I will replace it with two ATCs that need loving from a Honda guy.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //