//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MPDano NEW Project: 1986 Honda Fat Cat TR200

MPDano is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Doink View Post
    Yes. If you want to split hairs, you should place the leading edge 1 and 5/16ths away from the top-front edge. Here are some better photos.
    Attachment 243914Attachment 243915
    They're a bit chewed up, but IMHO, this is the correct position.
    These are perfect pics, thanks!

Leo

Doink is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Sorry about the focus on the shots. What do I expect from a $15 walmart digital camera?
    Seeing the crispness of your restoration, I feel peer-pressured to do the same on my two. My pockets are currently shallow, so I have made the best of what they came with. *sigh* 5 years ago, I would have blasted, power coated the metals, ceramic coated the exhaust, low-temp coated new plastics, and stock-recovered the seat.
    "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it."
    1987 Yamaha BW350 (dealer find, never oiled or gassed)
    1990 Suzuki DR350 Fat Cat/ Big Wheel conversion
    2011 Suzuki KingQuad

MPDano is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Doink View Post
    Sorry about the focus on the shots. What do I expect from a $15 walmart digital camera?
    Seeing the crispness of your restoration, I feel peer-pressured to do the same on my two. My pockets are currently shallow, so I have made the best of what they came with. *sigh* 5 years ago, I would have blasted, power coated the metals, ceramic coated the exhaust, low-temp coated new plastics, and stock-recovered the seat.
    I use my work supplied cell phone (Samsung S7). They take awesome pics. Yea, if I also had deep pockets, I would have done the same thing as far as coatings. The problem with that, is then it will become a garage queen and will never hit the dirt.

Doink is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I feel that the purpose of the coatings is to allow it to get filthy and then come completely clean with a focused hose spray. If you're overly thorough, remove the seat, tank and fenders for deep cleaning. Takes about 1/2 hour after riding. And if I were truly serious, a rear rack would be mandatory to preserve the rear fender.

I was thinking of possible mods to get the most out of these as runners. My first list would be upgraded bars and risers, bark busters, improved adjustable rear shock w/reservoir, inverted front forks, front/rear disc brakes, oversize foot pegs, front led bar, led taillight, and a broader foot for the kick stand.
    It's only money, right?
    "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it."
    1987 Yamaha BW350 (dealer find, never oiled or gassed)
    1990 Suzuki DR350 Fat Cat/ Big Wheel conversion
    2011 Suzuki KingQuad

--
    She fired right up. Did the Header Wrap Burn-in and that's a sight to see. Smells like @$$. She's 99% done. Just need to add the rest of the decals as well as the green registration decal. She is missing the front sprocket cover so I need to source that as they are no longer available. Then a little bit of paint touchups and this project will be complete. Did a few rounds around the pool and she shifts great.

Last edited by MPDano; 06-13-2017 at 08:45 AM.

--
    Walk around video

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //