//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 250sx running hot?

--

86 250sx running hot?

Ok guys i give it a break even park it in the shade but i noticed i dont have to ride it but 10 maybe 15 minutes and it starts puffin heat and feals like its over heating ik these machines get hot but is there something maybe stopped up causeing to lose power only does it when it get hot tho

--
    Does it have enough oil in it? How does it run? Maybe it's running lean. Whatever the cause, you need to fix the issue before you ride it very much.

--
    Ik its got oil i check before every ride runs strong just rideing it out in 80 degree weather it just starts loseing power and now it wont do a hot start could be jetting any suggestions?

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Check timing!

--
    Check oil, check the oil filter/ screen. Then check the jet size and air fuel screw. If it runs to lean it will heat up. Cooling fins clogged. Last check timing, did the timing advance screws break. They should be behind the cam points cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    No cam points or cover on a 250SX.

--
    Exhaust plugged up? how does it run for the first 5 minuites?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Sorry its been awhile guys been workin alot to mess with it the oil was clean but i checked the screen and it was alittle dirty but nothing major it could be the carburator for i had to put a after market on it i will check jetting size and timeing

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Make sure your oil filter has not been installed backwards.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Some people love those Chinese carbs, others hate them with a passion. I guess you never know what you'll get with them.

--
    I hate those carbs now that i used one caused me more problems some how a peice of rubber probly a o ring was caught in the jet passage causeing a rough idle dont know why it didnt idle rough before but made it run very lean but was not smokeing white plug was scorched from heat so i put the old one back one to see if theres a difference it no longer runs hot only thing i can figure was it was all in that carb or that rubber i found may have made it run lean or settings were off

MY ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THOSE CARBS!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //