//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help me!!!!

--

help me!!!!

hello everybody. my 200es suddenly decided to quit sparking and im havin a fit tryin to fix it. i checked the stator to see how many ohms iy had and it has around 300 so its good. i checked the pulser and it has 30 ohms and acording to youtube its good. i changed the coil to a brand new and it made no difference at all. and then all of a sudden it started sparking again but very weak and kinda on and off so i tried starting it and guess what! the dam thing stopped sparking again so now im extremely frustrated and i really need help. thanks in advance.

--
    A bad CDI is my guess. And for more fun, they aren't available for that machine anymore that I know of. Know anyone who you could swap one out for to check? But.......have you unscrewed your sparkplug boot and clipped off a 1/4" of wire? How about a known good plug? Simple things first.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    i have trimmed the plug wires 1/4 inch. i have a brand new ngk plug in it. and no i dont know anyone with this same trike to swap cdi with. is there a difference between 200es and 200m cdi boxes?

--
    I ordered a aftermarket cdi and plug I think it was off eBay someone on here had a post about the same problem it worked for me

--
    yea i looked on ebay but the people want an arm and a leg for a new new and i dont know if i could trust it getting a used ine

--
    I wonder if a guy could put the cdi in the fridge or lay it on the dash of a car in the sun and it make any difference. What ltemperature was it last operating correctly? I am in no way saying that it would make a difference, just how id think about it.

--
    it was around 23 degrees celcius dont know what that is in fahrenheit. ill try putting it in the fridge or car and see if itll make any difference

--
    73.4 Fahrenheit. So it wasnt extremely hot or cold. Some people tap on the cdi with something and they work after that. Probably what the problem is. Be nice to isolate it as definently the cdi.
    I am going through electrical stuff now on a 200 x. I just keep ohming wires thinking i will find something else wrong.

--
    yea i got frustrated with the cdi and threw it around to see if it would help and it didnt. iwiring is definitly a pain in the ars to work on

--
    cdi is a common fail point on the 200es, you can change over to one of the Chinese 6 pin cdi's, just have to get a connector to put your wires in. Here is a link to the how to and a kit, works great I have done it myself. http://dratv.com/cdiunatseeap.html
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Alright thanks I'll check into that

--
    alright so i figured out it was the cdi so instead of buying one i just replaced the entire wiring harness with one from a 200m and it has great blue spark now. but it still dont want to start the plug is wet so i know its flooding. ive had the carb apart about 4 or 5 times and i cant find anything wrong. i adjusted the float the pilot screw and cleaned all the jets but the darn thing wont fire up.

--
    Welp, you still have some 200ES electrical items in your motor that might not be speaking the same language at the same time as the ES motor does.

If it's sparking and getting fuel it should atr least ignite at some point and give it a fart here or there; Just my thoughts....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    i put a diferent carb on it so now i can get it to idle but as soon as i touch the throttle it dies on me

--
    OK. What carb did you put on? Just another carb? New? Chinese?

Sounds like the main is clogged. Will it idle all day and as soon as you touch the throttle it dies? Try a new plug too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //