//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Comparison of replacement clutch kits for 85 250sx

--

Comparison of replacement clutch kits for 85 250sx

I have been searching on here off and on regarding clutch issues on 250sx and have not seen any comparisons of replacement clutch kits. I do know that one senior member here has had good luck with EBC and I forgot to ask if he had tried any of others that I am seeing now on EBAY for allot les money than the EBC. Has anybody had any luck with any of these; Tusk? Felton Motor Sports? Magnum? Vesrah? Can anyone weigh in here on this Please? Also; has anybody ever taken a chance on a used clutch and had any luck? Idea here is that it's an OEM (made in Japan VS what are probably all Chinese new, aftermarket) Appreciate any and all opinions, Walt~

--
    First, used. Is it really in that much better shape than yours? It's the same age give or take. Felton, Magnum, I haven't personally heard of them so i can't say anything there. Tusk? From what I know, they seem to have pretty good quality for lower priced items. I wouldn't be afraid of giving that one a try. I think Tusk is the house brand from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, but I'm not sure on that. I do know that EBC has good, quality stuff. Maybe that's why it costs so much more than the others. I hope this helps instead of confuses.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    First, used. Is it really in that much better shape than yours? It's the same age give or take. Felton, Magnum, I haven't personally heard of them so i can't say anything there. Tusk? From what I know, they seem to have pretty good quality for lower priced items. I wouldn't be afraid of giving that one a try. I think Tusk is the house brand from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, but I'm not sure on that. I do know that EBC has good, quality stuff. Maybe that's why it costs so much more than the others. I hope this helps instead of confuses.
    Thanks a bunch 350... Yeah; I know what you mean about used and that's usually a crap shoot,, only mentioned it because there is a basket and plates that came off a machine that I thought was sacrilege to part out and was just thinkin about the OEM vs probably Chinese thing. Not gonna go that route but am still wondering which of the aftermarket products might have been used by members here with the greatest amount of success and which ones we should all steer clear of. My thinking was that maybe since they're all made "Off Shore" then (maybe) the quality really isn't necessarily reflected by the retail prices so much. Appreciate the input and welcome anyone else's as well, W~

--
    I've always ran ebc in my mx bikes with no issues. They wore nice (durable ) and I've heard tusk aren't bad but I've never used that brand.

--
    These 30 plus year old machines still have good clutches in them. So I have always stuck with OEM or Barnett and never had a clutch issue.

I think the bigger issue is the correct and/or desired amount of free play as well as running good oil.

I have felt other peoples clutch free play and sometimes there isn't any!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    You can buy brand new OEM fibers and steels for about $100 (still available). Clutch disc friction material is not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer, and I think this is what makes the OEM discs superior to the aftermarket (just my opinion on them being superior). I'm not sure how much the aftermarket clutches run, but if you go OEM, you probably won't have to mess with it ever again.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    These 30 plus year old machines still have good clutches in them. So I have always stuck with OEM or Barnett and never had a clutch issue.

I think the bigger issue is the correct and/or desired amount of free play as well as running good oil.

I have felt other peoples clutch free play and sometimes there isn't any!!
    I'll second what Dirt said: OEM or Barnett. Barnett has been in the clutch business for a long time, there's a reason for that.

You get what you pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //