//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Blue 85 atc70

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Blue 85 atc70

Just picked up a 85 70, all blue, looks original too, but Honda didn't do a Christmas special in 85? The plastics are blue, tank and forks don't look like they've been repainted, and the paint and plastics have age on them.

Color looking off is just the picture btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Color being off may be the pic but maier did make blue fenders the same color as pic and the tank and forks could have been painted to match a few years back so now it appears aged? Does vin match an 85?

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That looks better. Have you checked vin? Maybe somebody put one together in n an 85 frame?

--
    I need to clean it up and get the motor vin, that's kind of what I was thinking also.

--
    Maybe previous owner liked the 85 decals better

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    The decals are backwards. The dark blue part of them went toward the seat on everyone I have seen that was original. Could have been a factory mistake tho?? The rear fenders are not original 85 because they don't have the "rib" running down the outer edge. The front has the raised rib like 85s did. That's how maier sells them for some reason, 85 style front and 84 and back style rears. Not trying to be a downer, but I really doubt it's original with all things considered.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kiser View Post
    The decals are backwards. The dark blue part of them went toward the seat on everyone I have seen that was original. Could have been a factory mistake tho?? The rear fenders are not original 85 because they don't have the "rib" running down the outer edge. The front has the raised rib like 85s did. That's how maier sells them for some reason, 85 style front and 84 and back style rears. Not trying to be a downer, but I really doubt it's original with all things considered.
    Tank decals are new, I don't see any red anywhere on the tank or forks, and paint is old on them, fenders look fiberglass to me and don't appear to be painted either, and they're not new either.

--
    Sounds like it was restored back in the 90's to look like a Christmas blue 70 and they painted the forks and tank and used aftermarket fiberglass fenders. The numbers stamped on the frame will tell you what year it is.

--
    Someone could have built a Christmas Special look alike cone, original frame may have gotten bent and replaced. If its an '85 I believe the engine transmission shafts backwards as to all the other ATC70 years, all gears shaft up. VIN numbers tell all, additional pic's help all us lurkers. One last question does the rear fender have an original decal?

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	243463
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    85 frame and motor, decals in such bad shape I can't tell.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //