//ArrowChat Code

Thread: A good day in the snow .......

--

A good day in the snow .......

We got about 10" of snow here in eastern Pa. yesterday - and I was a doughnut dealin', 360* wheelin' fool in it. I got home from work around 1pm, and before I even went inside my house, I hauled out the TRX-X and carved a few. I ended up burning off the better part of 2 tankfulls of gas and I was on the quad from the early afternoon untill 10pm. I met up with my buddy Ray on his '84 ATC200X around 5pm and we had to put at least 50 miles on the bikes. We must have passed 10 cops on our travels and all they did was wave at us, not even a hint at them chasing us and to top it off we rode doughnuts (while they ate doughnuts) and wheelies in their parking lot for a good 10 minutes - they just watched us through the windows enjoying the show. We then hit a few of the famous Bucks County corn fields (think of the movie "Signs") but the snow was so deep we had to lug out a trail first before we could shred. Anyway the TRX ran like a champ and never even coughed once - I guess I finally found my "reliable" quad. A couple of observations from the day - after switching off rides between the 250X and the 200X, I forgot how much better trikes are in the snow than quads, the front tire pushing down the snow before it gets to the bike makes all the difference in the world. A TRX250X with a Pro-Circuit T-4 and an ATC200X with a Cobra Megaphone idling next to each other together sound like a bad ass Harley - Duck boots suck at starting anything with a kickstarter - and most importantly, Fourstrokes are much better in the snow than 2-strokes - riding the 250X was a pleasure compared to the workout involved in trying to keep a LT-R, ATC-R or Tri-Z under control with thier powerbands.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

Rides: '91 Warrior, '87 TW200, 1984 YTM225DX, 1984 ATC125M, '71 CL350 Scrambler

--
    Man that looks fun! Good for you man, we don't have that kind of snow here yet. I like the rear tires. Trial claws are one of my favorites. How are they working out for you? The quad really looks nice!
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    .... Thanx man .... the Trail Claw II's actually hook up great in the snow - much better than I thought they would - they stay less packed up with snow than alot of your closed tread mud tires do. I'm not too thrilled with them as a trail tire. If you ask me they don't turn worth a crap and the tread is way too spaced out making it too vulnerable to punctures.
    J. Jonny D, --- Quad - Trike relations committee Chairman and all around swell guy.

You did a hell of a job on that TRX, Tejas.

Id lvoe to find one of those @ a cheap price....or even a 300EX for that matter....they seem like great machines.

Wouldnt mind havin a 250X powered 87 200X though :-D :-D :-D

--
    Ryder ... Honda actually made one (Billygoat, you can help me out here with a picture) as far as I know, Honda made a TRX200X in the '90's in Mexico for foreign markets. It had the 86-87 big valved motor in a 250X/300EX frame. Theres a page devoted to it on the main 3WW home page. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/TRX200X.shtml

Yeah I know that youre talking about--Honda didnt actually make that far as I know.

I was talking about an 87 200x Frame with the TRX250X engine in it---not vise versa ;0)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //