//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hydro disk brakes on Vinny have me dumbfounded

brd812 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Hydro disk brakes on Vinny have me dumbfounded

I need some advise, I have a 03 Suzuki Vinson 500 shifter. I've had it since new , its my swiss army quad. Last summer the brakes were getting soft so I put pad on the back, replacing the original . Things seemed back to normal all winter as I use it for hunting and plowing and this spring I took the plow off and took it with me trout fishing with me last month. During a rainy day I went mountain goating and I noticed I had hardly no rear brakes and they wouldn't lock up at all.. oh boy ... Had some time this week and tore into them and everything seemed ok , no leaks, the ebc pads still looked new. I'm lost now, I bled the line so it has all fresh fluid, no air in the line, now its even worse. I cant get any hydraulic pressure at all. Is the master cylinder, the caliper is moving freely and not leaking. I've playing with this and never had this issue ever before, Ive ripped lines and warped rotors before on other bikes and I never ran into this. Any ideas? This thing use to have rock solid rears. I'm lost,
    Last edited by brd812; 06-04-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    "If you are going to piss like puppy, Don't Get Off The Porch"
    Trikes:
    84' Suzuki ALT185 (old Orange)
    85' Yamaha 225DX, piped and spaced ( First Girlfriend)
    Quads
    87' Yamaha Banshee, built and very very fast (The Whore)
    01 Yamaha Raptor 660, built and piped (The Beast)
    03 Suzuki Vinson, 26's and piped (The Crowd Pleaser)
    Once apon a time:
    85' Tecate 300 alky flattacker, 6 in over swingarm, 88 Suzuki 500"Quadzilla"PIA , 91 Yamaha Warrior Built and Modded. (luved that Baby Tank)

--
    Your rear caliper needs to be rebuilt...

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    These can make a great tech pull their hair out. Start bleeding at the master. verify you have zero leaks anywhere !! Pump and bleed at the 12mm bolt where the line comes out of the master. Bleed till it is solid fluid. Then bleed on the 12 at the end of the line at the caliper. Bleed till solid. Then and only then, bleed at the bleeder. After you are absolutely sure you are bled solid. You should have a rock solid pedal. If not investigate the caliper. New ones on ebay are $54,used $20 ish. I highly suspect you will be G2G after a good bleed. Nothing to it using these steps.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //