//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member, South TX. My dream score 200X

--
    Well, I got the bonded title process started. Just have to go and pay taxes and title fees on $352, all this will be next week. Got it stripped down to the bare frame in order to fit the 200X in my jeep legally so they could run the VIN at the impound.

The swing arm bolt was a PITA to get out, but did so using wooden blocks, PB Blaster, and the 2 inch ball, class 3 hitch as a sledge . Was able, after 12 hours to remove bolt unscathed.

Stock bore size, aftermarket Pro X piston.

Rod end looks alittle rough, I will have the crank rebuilt. That Bill Bune guy seems promising after reading reviews.

Gonna look into dent repair for the tank too, I wonder if the paintless dent repair people could do it. They are all small dents. Then considering powder

Oh yea, what do you think of the steering stem and how it matches with with the top clamp? Had a time getting the fork to clamp axel right, maybe the forks could be tweaked a bit? I'll be rebuilding them in a few months, maybe 6. The stem doesn't want to align up with the hole for some reason.

Sent from a pay phone
    Last edited by Ingrid Cold; 06-26-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Put a straight edge on the stem. It could also be the bearing races in the triples are tweaked. Might as well replace bearings if all apart for peace of mind.

--
    I'll have to look into the steering bearing kits!

Has anyone ever thought of printing a chain slider? Like with a 3D printer? I have a good slider, but tend to obsess over parts. I'd like to print one off and have a NOS one.

--
    Here is my chain slider hook rewelded and read for me to reshape with a file before powder coating.

DC plastics told me that Hot Foot Moto may be making 200X sliders in the near future!

Sent from a pay phone

--
    I'm going to the powder coaters this week and was considering removing all the little cable/wire stays on the frame and just using low profile zip ties instead. I really like the way they lay and the cable stays will leave a corroded spot under them.

Gonna powder coat the frame, swingarm, and fork lowers. I'll use wheel paint, there is a silver I used in my XR600 frame that matched pretty good and was very tough, that will go on skid plate and black semi gloss enamel will go on the rear skid plate.

Sent from a pay phone

--
    Yea they want 375 plus tax to do my frame and swing arm, 275 for frame and 100 for swing arm, so 405ish total. Kinda pricy as of late, considering the same place did an RMX frame for me 2 years ago for 250 plus tax.

Then he quoted me at 85 plus tax to do fork lowers...

I can do the small aluminum stuff with my harbor freight gun, such as the forks and master cylinders.

Sent from a pay phone
    Last edited by Ingrid Cold; 07-12-2017 at 06:15 PM.

--
    New old stock. Lol

Yea I'm just gonna do the frame for 275 and then paint the swing arm with some silver wheel paint I have used on my XR600 hybrid. 100 bucks for a swing arm is out of the question, and if it gets beat up, I want to be able to fix it you know.

Sent from a pay phone

--
    Frame should be back any day now. Just looking for some one, or a complete kit available to rebuild the rear shock and I need the kick start spring update.

--
    Nice.

I've had good luck with Duplicolor Engine Enamel from the on swingarms and such. Seems to stand up well to chemicals. Dries fast. Available everywhere. Oreily's has been cheapest near me.
    One of the colors is real close to the silver on swingarms - I think it's called cast coat iron. It's close to their wheel paint, too.

I have been breaking out the spray gun and painting frames with real paint - epoxy primer and single stage poly top coat. This holds up well, too. In some cases, I use a black epoxy primer without top coat if the frame is going to be black.

I had my 350X frame coated after gusseting and I recall it was around $200. It's real pretty but still hanging from the rafters.

I decided the T3 I currently ride will never have the frame painted. It's a beater and shall remain so.

This T3 frame is black epoxy primer from Southern Polyurethanes (SPI). I sold this after a couple of dune trips. It held up well to that point:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MonNightL.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	245382

This 350X frame is red SS poly over gray epoxy primer, both from Summit Racing. This is my primary duner. It has held up exceptionally well to many dune trips.

Name:	EngineInOn3_2r.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	245383

This is the swinger for the 350X. Painted with Duplicolor engine enamel. I'm surprised how well it holds up.

Name:	Swinger2r.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	245384

This 200X frame is some 2 stage gloss white color from TPC with SPI clear over SPI white epoxy primer. This was a great 200X but did not have a lot of time on it before I sold it. Great trail bike but not enough HP for me in the sand:

Name:	200xOnWheels1.jpg 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	245385

Name:	SANY0128.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	245386

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    Nice.

I've had good luck with Duplicolor Engine Enamel from the on swingarms and such. Seems to stand up well to chemicals. Dries fast. Available everywhere. Oreily's has been cheapest near me.
    One of the colors is real close to the silver on swingarms - I think it's called cast coat iron. It's close to their wheel paint, too.

I have been breaking out the spray gun and painting frames with real paint - epoxy primer and single stage poly top coat. This holds up well, too. In some cases, I use a black epoxy primer without top coat if the frame is going to be black.

I had my 350X frame coated after gusseting and I recall it was around $200. It's real pretty but still hanging from the rafters.

I decided the T3 I currently ride will never have the frame painted. It's a beater and shall remain so.

This T3 frame is black epoxy primer from Southern Polyurethanes (SPI). I sold this after a couple of dune trips. It held up well to that point:

Name:	MonNightL.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	245382

This 350X frame is red SS poly over gray epoxy primer, both from Summit Racing. This is my primary duner. It has held up exceptionally well to many dune trips.

Name:	EngineInOn3_2r.JPG 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	245383

This is the swinger for the 350X. Painted with Duplicolor engine enamel. I'm surprised how well it holds up.

Name:	Swinger2r.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	245384

This 200X frame is some 2 stage gloss white color from TPC with SPI clear over SPI white epoxy primer. This was a great 200X but did not have a lot of time on it before I sold it. Great trail bike but not enough HP for me in the sand:

Name:	200xOnWheels1.jpg 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	245385

Name:	SANY0128.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	245386
    That's awesome! I'll have to look into that paint next for my next project for the frame cause I'm done with paying big bux for PC, they put it on like 30 mil thickness. Gonna be chip city. I have a thickness device measure thing.

My PC I do is like 2-5 mil thick.

Sent from a pay phone

--
    So far the progress. All PC. Going to send out crank and cyl next week hopefully. Rebuilt forks and shock too.

Sent from a pay phone

--
    Whatever happened with this?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Whatever happened with this?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I ended up selling it for 1800... only to buy an R. She was a wonderful trike, but this R is sweet, that was the only thing I would've sold it for... to buy an R. I also scored up an R in bad shape, but with factory tires too

Yea my trike game has come up this year. Dont think I'll be doing any 100% restores as I love to ride them too much, rather super nice riders. But it's easy to get carried away

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //