//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 225dx rear wheel hubs

--

225dx rear wheel hubs

Does anyone know if any other hubs will work on the rear of a Yamaha 225 ? I would like to have 4on 110 or 4 on 100 bolt pattern.

--
    I do know that Banshee hubs will work and I seem to remember that they used to sell "Honda hubs" for the Banshee. I assume that it meant the 4/110 bolt pattern. I don't blame you. I hat the 3 bolt hubs on these too. I put Banshee hubs on mine. I know other Yamaha hubs like from a Blaster will work too, but I said Banshee because that's what I used so I could use the Banshee rims that I've hauled around since the late 90's.

--
    Thanks for the info. Someone put fix a flat in the rear tires on this old beast and the wheels are rusted bad inside. I have several sets of 4 bolt rims left over from my sons old race bikes that I wanted to use.

--
    I'm sure you'll be able to use them. It's better than just looking at them (I do have that problem once in a while). If you do this, it will be a lot cheaper to buy wheel spacers if you ever want to widen the rear end. The last time I looked, I think the spacers for the three bolt hubs were around $110. I got my banshee hubs for $45 and the spacers I bought for my 250sx were another $45 if I remember right. Plus as you know, the selection of rims is MUCH better for the four bolt hubs.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //