//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I bought another sx for parts but...

--

I bought another sx for parts but...

Hello i got this other sx the other day and its in decen shape but the frame was bent up on it but still rode but theres a problem im unsure of there is a whine when you ride it it sounds like the transmission but it sounds like rear end to the trans shifts fine so im leaning more towards rear end anyone have any ideas?

--
    Drain the differential fluid and also take a look in the filler cap for damage .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I drained it someone broke the filler cap they pumped it full of grease and siliconed around the threads and made a silicon filler cap it dont look damaged inside but the vent was stopped up idk how long it was ran like that but he said it had been sitting awhile in a barn any ideas?

--
    Forgot to mention it is not burning oil but when you push the throttle down all the way it blows blue smoke but the oil level hasent moved could too much gas cause this?

--
    Too much fuel would smoke black. If it's old gas, it could smoke with a blueish tint to it.

--
    You mention that it isn't burning oil... I think you need to run it for a while to notice the oil level dropping on the dipstick. I get the impression you just got this and with the bent frame, you've not ridden it for hours, but rather minutes. I don't think minutes is enough time to make that call (based just on oil level in the crankcase).

Blue smoke = oil
    Black smoke = fuel (excessively rich)
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    I havent rode it every day but i have started it and let it run it dosent smoke at idle only when you pushing about 3/4 of the throttle down could be oil but i will keep check on it what about the whineing noise i hear tho maybe some kind of wore bearings?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //