//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking for A/C tech

--
    That machine would have told you how much R134A was recovered. If it failed the leak test. Well you have a leak. Guessing it is at what you replaced as you stated the o-rings did not really fit well.

Again. Do you know how much R134A was recovered?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Looking for A/C tech

Apologies Rob. The truck calls for 2 lbs 8 ounces. The second night I went back it only recovered two lbs, but the day before that it had passed the leak test. The third night it recovered 2 lbs 6 ounces, then after the accumulator swap was when it failed the leak test. It's been working fine all day today but it's not that hot out and I've only been running it on low. The day it kept cutting out was really hot outside.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    As you mentioned, lots of good inf from lots of people.

If it wasn't leaking then it was not shutting off because it was overcharged because it was not overcharged, however, if you do have the fancy new hi pressure cut off switch that someone mentioned, it can still build enough pressure to trip the switch if the expansion valve is stuck in the "closed" position which sounds unlikely based in the info you posted because that valve is not prone to sticking then freeing up then sticking and freeing up again etc. Once it's stuck, it typically remains stuck in my experience.

Also, if you have only one pressure switch, it will be a low pressure switch.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I was thinking something similar Barnett. To the best of my knowledge it has only one switch.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I have seen pressures over 300 on both rotary and piston compressors and they didn't lock up but they were only run a short time like that. I don;t know what pressure the high limit switches are set for because I don't have any experience with them but my guess s that it would be at least 250 and more likely closer to the 300 range and you are miles away from either.

If you only have a low pressure switch, it is ossible that it is out of spec but I have never seen one that is.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON OR A STAR

--
    OOPS, POST FOR A POST CORRECTION CUZ I NEARLY PASSED OUT FROM LAUGHING SO HARD WHILE READING MISSY DONELAPS LATEST POSTS THAT I MADE A GRAMMATICAL ERROR (NOT TO MENTION THE TYPO).

"but I have never seen one that is."

should read

"but I have never seen one that was."

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    This thread really heated up after a somewhat cool start........
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here is your Problem John! take the clutch off the front of the compressor and remove 2 washers from behind it. What is happening is the rpms get going and the clutch won't stay pulled in. That was happening On our 99 f350 and everything checked out fine so a friend that owns a shop told my son to do that and it has no more problem. There were 6 washers and he removed 2. Let me know how it worked!

--
    I was already aware of that, I watched two separate videos about it. Honestly I don't think that's what my problem is but it couldn't hurt to check into it. Thanks for the suggestion! I made it almost all the way to Trikefest with really good A/C.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    In my experience, a weak clutch will cycle on and off every minute or less and is typically caused by the mating faces being corroded and/or the brushes being somewhat stuck in the pick up preventing them from making good contact with the clutch.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

TwiZ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Do not use air!! I repeat..DO NOT USE AIR!!! Use nitrogen or another type of inert gas. Look around your fittings for oil. Even try tighten them a lil. Kinda hard to tell without seeing it,what's the high pressure,low pressure,pressure while sitting overnight? Freon is always a certain pressure at certain temps. Could be a bad low cut off switch or bad hi cut off switch, partially plugged oriface. Look around compressor and fittings for oil,and 2-4 oz don't sound too unreasonable,but a few drops ain't cool so I'd think it had to go somewhere. Again don't use air to pressure test it. You can also check with the system on a vacuum but that requires freon evac. Wish I could help more but without knowing pressures and visually looking I'm only guessing and can try n point you where to look

1984 Honda 200X
    1984 Honda 200S Bonecrusher
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiZ View Post
    Do not use air!! I repeat..DO NOT USE AIR!!! Use nitrogen or another type of inert gas. Again don't use air to pressure test it.
    There is ZERO problem using air if you use a water trap then put the system under vacuum for a while afterwards because the vacuum removes moisture from the system . I have charged over 100 systems and have used air countless times to find leaks and have never had a problem . Yes dry nitrogen is "better" because there is basically zero chance of getting water in the system but that is not something most people have sitting around which is why I did not suggest it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Hey Barn .......... are you KASEY ?
    I have no clue what that means.

TwiZ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just because you have done it a bunch of times don't make it right,you got lucky,,use some freon,argon, co2,heck you can use propane(excellent refrigerant btw,but not used for obvious reasons,as is ammonia) but risking contamination and also not everyone has access to a vacuum pump. If your paying someone to do it now it cost ya more to evac the system. I've been doing HVAC for 30 years and I highly suggest not using air. Your run of the mill air dryers and traps for air tools won't take out all moisture and is a risk I'm not willing to take. Not saying it won't work but could cost ya one of these times. It's no different if you were to open the system to the atmosphere.Your giving this advise to someone that has little knowledge of refrigeration systems. As a certified HVAC technician I highly oppose testing a system with air...period. If it's not evacuated property and line dryers installed in the system you could kill it. There are leak detection dyes you can use with uv lights that can be purchased at fema Mart or Auto zone a heck of alot cheaper than any part of a AC system. Your a smart guy,I've read alot of your post and most of your advice is stellar, impressive and professional...but this...no...don't use air

1984 Honda 200X
    1984 Honda 200S Bonecrusher
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Post #92 in the i want a star too ......e-mail from 007 ?

Well I actually can't read any of the useless crap that Mickey Dunlap copied and posted (nor would I waste my time doing so) cuz in addition to not having an edit button, I am blocked from viewing most photos/images and from changing my profile and from having an avatar and from having a signature (like the one below) cuz I AM THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD!

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR AND THE ONLY PERSON ON 3WW WITHOUT AN EDIT BUTTON AND PROUD OF IT!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //