//ArrowChat Code

Thread: YTM225 Clutch Replacement With Upgraded Timberwolf Clutch Issues

--

YTM225 Clutch Replacement With Upgraded Timberwolf Clutch Issues

Just went ahead and bought a used timberwolf 250 centrifugal clutch from my 83 ytm 225 because original drum was grooved real bad and the pads were worn pretty good causing slipping of start off. Whilst tearing it down i found that the the # 4 Washer that goes over the one way bearing was way skinnier on the timberwolf clutch and the original one is twice as thick. And looking up both diagrams they both have different parts numbers so that kind of makes sense. But what made me stumped is the # 6 washer which is identical for both models that goes on first before the housing, was put in between the clutch and the housing with the washer that goes over the one way bearing.. I installed the timberwolf clutch just as manual said with # 6 washer first then housing then one way bearing washer (skinnier one that came with timberwolf) then clutch,new lock washer, nut and tightened to spec.

Put it all back together and started her up and theres no slip anymore. grabs real quick off throttle response but when i shut it off the RH case winds down and has a clunk like the one way bearing is bad?.. I just tore it down again to check everything and the one way bearing only spins clockwise as it should with no play and everything looks fine. put it all back together and it still does it. Didnt do it with original clutch that didnt even look installed correctly?!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Dylan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CLUTCH.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	244010  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //