//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 250es Honda big red

--

Angry 1985 250es Honda big red

I was riding the other day on my 86 and all of the sudden it locked up in gear and will not do anything!!! I had to hold the shifter up in order to get the bike to move it is like it is stuck in third or fourth gear any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    There are a few pins under the right cover that will shear off or come loose and give you fits on these and the 250sx motors. There are lots of threads on the shifting issues if you type in 250es or 250sx shifting issues in the search.

--
    Thank you for the info!!!

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If you go to rocky mountain atv website or bike bandit and look up the OEM parts list it shows pics. The schematic you want is the Gear Shift Drum and the usual problems are part number 8 or part number 21. On one of my bikes the pin was loose and wouldnt shift and was stuck in gear. On my other bike it was sheared in half but i was able to back out the broken piece out of the block with a small screw driver and some patience. Both pins will cause strange shifting issues like yours is doing.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //