//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250sx vs 200X

--

250sx vs 200X

I know I'm asking about to completely different bikes. I have a 185 atc and I love it, but I might want something different. I ride mostly on in my yard and around my property. I have buddys that go to the sand dunes one or two times a year. I was thinking the 185 would do what I asked it in the sand.

Now to my question about the 250sx vs the 200x. Out of the two bikes what one would be better for the one trip a year to the sand dunes?
    Can I put paddle tires on a 250sx? What bike is funner for riding around the yard? What bike is faster?

I'm just asking for the heck of it. I'm leaning towards a 250sx so I can tow stuff and use it around my property. I also ride with guys who have 250r's, 350x, and a quadzilla. I kind of want to get a bike that would keep up in the sand. My one buddy keeps telling me I need to get a 200x.

--
    They are both solid bikes. 200x is going to be faster, definitely a good choice for the dunes. The 250sx is quick too, and gives you options like you said to carry stuff on the back or front if you have racks. The 250sx is a great bike to use around ones property.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    The SX doesn't enjoy water (At 31/32 years old) and/or have much suspension.

The 200X has better suspension and is quite a bit lighter which would make it a better dune trike.

Honda could have made a 250SX based motor with a chain drive but instead just made a 350X....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Here's my opinion. It sounds like you mostly ride around and do work on your property. For work and casual riding, I think you'd like the electric start and auto clutch on the sx better. While they aren't as much fun on the dunes, they're still better than a 185! I say get the sx.

--
    Get the 200x. My next project. More fun. Aftermarket support. Just make sure you get a first gen. Call PRM fast they have your skid plates and there closing up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Sx is definitely not a dune trike but all around great trike. 200x not a good trike for work at all. It's not a bad machine but it seems like you would use the sx more.
    Here is what I would do. Find a nice sx and then why not buy the 200x also?
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I agree with Weezy. It sounds like you would get more all around use out of a SX but if you had both, you could use the SX most of the time and the X when you want to go fast.

--
    I only have room for 1 trike . I would get more use out of a 250sx, but a manual clutch would be nice to have. I even thought of building suspension on my 185 and calling it good to. It would be a lot of fab work though. I also could put my engine on a 200x frame. I just don't know at this point what to do. It would be nice to have a fast bike for the once a year trip to the sand dunes, but not all year around.

--
    I don't know what kind of around the house work you do but the 200x is still a grunty little bike with good power to weight ratio. A first gen is cheap and easily upgraded. Regardless your not keeping up with the buddies you mentioned but it'll be more fun and I'd bet you'll find yourself out there and In The trails more than once a year of you got one. PRM makes a great six pack rack For carrying stuff. I use it on my 350x all the time. Gas cans coolers a chair small tool box etc...

--
    A well tuned 2nd gen 200x with a bored motor and high performance exhaust does a good job at keeping up with a 350x. A stock 250r will beat both outright in speed, but won't do as well in trails.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    If you only have room for 1 trike I think the SX will suit you better as you only go to the dunes once or twice a year.

You spend 99% of the time towing etc around the yard. Auto clutch is best for that. Poke a gear and go.

Any trike would be fun in the dunes and YES some are better than others.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shindig View Post
    A well tuned 2nd gen 200x with a bored motor and high performance exhaust does a good job at keeping up with a 350x. A stock 250r will beat both outright in speed, but won't do as well in trails.
    Doesn't the aftermarket support the 1st gen better? I know a few people who support both but easier and cheaper to do a first gen? Also agree with everything you said. And you can get 350x front suspension on a first gen rebuild your factory shock maybe a swinger and your easy on the wallet and ripping through trails and dunes.

--
    Well my buddies with the R's, 350X, and quadzilla mostly ride around the one guys house and go up to the dunes ones a year. I had some carb issues with the 185 to day and my other buddy has a Yamaha 200E and I'm starting to like the idea of getting a shaft drive bike now. I also almost bought a 200x basket case, but the price was a little to high.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //