//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84-85 Tecate Silicone Hoses

--

84-85 Tecate Silicone Hoses

Those of you in the Tecate community may know that Moto Hose will no longer be making silicon hoses for our machines. Apparently the owner was being bad mouthed on social media so he decided it wasn't worth the hassle. We have such few specialty suppliers to our sport I wish these problems would be handled with more discretion. Now we all suffer. In any event, I've contacted Roose Motorsport and it looks like they are willing to make hoses for us. They already make them for the 86-87 Tecate. They will also be available in a wide variety of colors--even green! There is no definite date on availability but hopefully within a month.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    That's too bad on motohose. I have a set of their hoses on my 84/85 Tecate and they are fantastic. If Roose is interested in doing more, I would be interested in a set of hoses for my Tri-z

--
    Thank you for posting this ..... there is light at the end of the tunnel!

We are no longer selling 84-85 KXT kits direct but the good news is a super guy from the Tecate FB community has rescued this and purchased all our inventory. I know He has already sold out of Blue but he still has Black and Red for $110 including USA shipping.

When we get the missing hose for the 86-87 made he will be buying all of those too.

I informed him about this post and he will chime in later today.

We are making more for him and have Green and Blue in the works right now and he is thinking about making a run of White in the future.

FYI Tri-Z kits are still availed from us.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xrider View Post
    That's too bad on motohose. I have a set of their hoses on my 84/85 Tecate and they are fantastic. If Roose is interested in doing more, I would be interested in a set of hoses for my Tri-z
    Tri-Z are in stock.

--
    I suspect many of you here are also on the 1984-1987 KXT250 Tecate group page on Facebook so you have seen SOME of what has been happening.

Sometimes you just have to defend your self so Here is exactly what happened.

Some history on Moto Hose......

Moto Hose started selling colored hose kits in 2001 and has been distributed to motorcycle shops nation wide by Western Power Sport - WPS for many years.

As some of you may know dcreel called us and asked us to produce the 84-85 KXT radiator hoses as a group buy back in 2011 We did so and even added the 84-85 kit to our inventory. We eventually added the 86-87 kit.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.p...=11&do=discuss

Fast forward to February 11 2017 Robert Tienharra bought 2 kits from us with one each for 84-85 and 86-87 and a couple weeks later he discovered when installing the 86-87 kit that the rear cylinder hose was missing. We now know it was missing from our sample hoses so it had never been made. We have only sold 3 of this kit and for whatever reason he was the 1st person to notify us that it was missing. After contacting us we apologized and asked him to return the 1 kit for a refund. He refused. We scrambled to find a sample of the missing hose to get it made in a future mold production. We have the sample and still plan on having it made in the next few months when we have new molds to be made. Robert said he would wait and we were to send the hose when it was made. We then discovered that the same rear cylinder hose was missing from the Tecate KXF250 4 wheeler but that it was a same as a KX250 hose we already make so no mold was necessary and it was manufactured and added to the 4 wheeler kit. It is The 4 wheeler does Not use same hose as the 3 wheeler..... its never that easy.

We had another customer call and I mistakenly remembered adding the missing KXT hose with the KXF 4 wheeler we had recently added and when he posted that the missing KXT hose was availible on FB Robert Tienharra lost his and started going off and making threats and demands including that we give him the 2 kits and refund all of his money plus an additional $50!

At that time I was a member of the 1984-1987 Tecate FB forum and responded with the mistake I had made. Well .... Come to find out Robert Tienharra Is a moderator there and started deleting my posts and then blocked me from the forum so I could not respond. He has since posted all kinds of lies claiming Moto Hose had ripped lots people off that is just silliness and complete lies. Its funny he makes all of these claims yet he is the only person making these claims. I am able to see his rants on the FB page after creating another account but I do not post.

Robert Tienharra tried to scam us like I have found out since he has done to other manufacturers making custom KXT parts and running them off from the KXT community. To my knowledge He has run off a Footpeg manufacturer, Moto Hose and right now He is attacking Jemco so they will probably be next. Wonder why it is only him that has all of these problems with manufacturers? Maybe it is him and not the manufacturers?

If he was so unhappy with his purchase All he had to do was return the kit and I would have gladly refunded. He refused to return the product and as noted above even went so far on FB as demand we let him keep the product, refund his entire purchase, PLUS give him an additional $50 ....... that was the straw that broke the camels back. BTW he has since removed that post.

Because we did not cave to his extortion tactics he did a charge back and even tried to drag dcreel from this site into his paypal claim. Since he was so dissatisfied with the products We requested he return the product for refund time after time after time after time and every time he refused to return for a refund. After his numerous rants on the PP claim he finally got pissed after posting 3 rants in about 5 minutes because he was not getting his way and he escalated it to a claim.

As part of final resolution We had several options including making him a partial refund, full refund and he keeps the product, or he return all of the product (the 2 kits) for a full refund. We chose the return all product for a full refund.

He had 10 days to give paypal the return tracking number. After a week he posted NONE as the return shipper and a bunch of 00000000000 as the tracking number. When I saw what he had entered I immediately called paypal. They put me on hold and reviewed the claim and after looking at his past history of other charge backs against honest manufacturers like us they immediately found in our favor since he had again refused to return the product.

He claims on FB that PP screwed him. No sir you screwed your self. He could have returned the product for refund like he was told numerous times. After all of this and him posting lies about Moto Hose that offer is off the table.

He continues to make claims on FB about all these people we have scammed yet he is the only person to claim this.

The reallity is he is the scammer and a scab on the Tecate community running off honest manufacturers like us.

I welcome him to come here where he does not have controle to delete my replies and respond. I have screen shots of what he has tried to do and can post if necessary. That is up to him.

--
    Don't let one bad apple spoil it for all of us. It's nice to find people/ companies are still trying to further the hobby we all like.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I just installed my Moto Hoses and they are as pretty as can be (see pics). Thanks to everyone keeping this product available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6291478.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	245033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6291477.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	245034

--
    Thanks Moto Hose for posting up with what is happening.

You did all you can do... And there was no pleasing this person. Hoses look great!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Wish there were some more blue hoses

--
    Thank you Moto Hose for shedding some light on the situation. I've seen those post of the tecate FB page. Your companies name is ran through the dirt with Robby. I'm glad you posted this so we could hear the real story. Too much BS on FB!
    Last edited by Aulbaugh; 07-18-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Im Going to keep my mouth shut on this one, or fingers off the buttons I should say! "Custom parts" happens with any hobby, takes time and people don't like being rushed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbishop311 View Post
    Wish there were some more blue hoses
    Nick our KXT250 distributor had us produce some Blue and Green Radiator hose kits for the 1984-1985 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 and he already put a set on his KXT!

We are in the process of producing the that missing radiator hose from our 1986-1987 KXT250! Our ETA is November 20th we will be shipping all of the Red, Blue and Black kits to Nick by December 1st. These kits are a limited number so if you want a set I would suggest you get in touch with him and place your order.

You can join this Facebook KXT250 3 wheeler & KXF250 4 wheeler Parts group and contact him through his posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8389...1&notif_t=like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23-316 KXT250 84-85.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	247278

--
    Are you going to make green hoses for the 86/87 Tecate?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Are you going to make green hoses for the 86/87 Tecate?
    IF Nick sells out the 86-87 kits in Red, Blue and Black maybe .... if he wants us to make more for him.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //