//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 81-82 250R eisc brake conversion

--

81-82 250R eisc brake conversion

Has anyone converted a 81 250R to 82 250R disc brakes? This is for the rear obviously, whats involved? Will I need to change the swingarm? Or is it just an axle swap and buy the hardware needed. Thank you for any help you can!!!!
    Taxation Is Theft
    Trikes owned
    1982 250R
    1987 BigRed 250ES (Sold)
    1982 Honda ATC 110
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

--
    I have an 82R but I'm not sure about your question. You should compare the relevant part numbers on the 81 vs the 82 parts fiche. The swingarms are probably different where the brake mounts. If you're committed to it you can probably find an 82 swinger on ebay.

Gripit'n'ripit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I swapped on my 81 with little issue. Yes you need a swing arm to an 82, as well as the axle, disc, and brake cylinder. The swing arm and associated parts interchange easy enough. You do have to get a little creative finding a way to mount the brake cylinder and reservoir.
    I initially made an adapter plate out of a piece of 1/8 steel. It worked, barely.
    Eventually I welded and ground clean stock and on the frame, then drilled and tapped to have the reservoir and cylinder mounted in a more proper fashion.
    Regardless of how you do it, take your time and be patient lining everything up with the brake pedal. It makes a world of difference. If it is off, or you don't have enough trvel in the pedal, then it sucks. Then you'll wish you stuck with the drum.
    81 250R Custom
    83 250R (in progress)
    98 Scrambler 400
    03 Bombardier Quest 500
    07 Polaris Predator (sold to klondike1020 )
    68 VW Dune Buggy

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0100.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	246216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	246217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0165.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	246218
    This is what I did on mine if you are running a normal size rotor you will not have the same issue I had that I couldn't get the caliper low enough on the rotor with out it hitting the mounting ears for the rotor that's why mine in mounted backwards. The caliper in a pitbike caliper I had laying around and the master is a 300ex and the line I had custom made. I used a small rotor cause I didn't want the rotor to be bigger then the sprocket cause I'm setting this bike up for flat track with kart tires. It's not completely done yet cause I keep putting other sticks in the fire if you know what I mean.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //