//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250sx rear axle

--

85 250sx rear axle

What is the process to remove the rear axle on an 85 250sx. I've done it 100 times when I was in my early teen years. But it's been parked for 10 years now and I can't for the life of me remember how it comes out. Normally I would just figure it out but back in the day my dad and I welded the left side wheel hub because the splines wore out and it was a cheap fix. So really I just need to know which side the axle slides out of. That way I don't take a torch to the left side for no reason when I could have just slid it out of that side to begin with. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!!
    1985 Honda 250sx resto-mod in progress.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
    Some men... you just can't reach.
    And I don't like it anymore than you men.

--
    Instead of just figuring it out, I'd recommend getting a service manual. You can a paper one or download one at oscarmayer.com. I prefer the paper ones so I don't get an expensive device greasy. If you have one, it will tell you what you need to know. Just from my limited personal experience (not including a sx) the axle comes out the right side.

--
    350for350 got it. The manual shows it getting driven out to the right side. So, time to get the grinder out...

Seriously though, download the manual. It is free, and it will explain everything you need to know in order to do the job correctly.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Thanks guys, I was dreading that ��
    1985 Honda 250sx resto-mod in progress.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
    Some men... you just can't reach.
    And I don't like it anymore than you men.

--
    At least you have the opportunity to fix it right this time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //