//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Adding speedo to 85 250sx

--

Adding speedo to 85 250sx

I'd like to add a speedometer to my ATC, mostly so I can easily track hours/miles for maintenance. Has anyone had any luck adding anything like a TrailTech Endurance to their ATC? Trying to think how I'd work out the speedo sensor.

--
    A GPS is the easiest thing to add. There are a few examples on here of mounting the unit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--

Adding speedo to 85 250sx

I have a Garmin etrex10 on a RAM mount that u-bolts to your handle bars. Less than 200$ for everything. GPS is water proof shock proof and runs for like 20 plus hours on two AA batteries. I got it all at my local bass pro shop. Works great.
    This is the low end garmin. Some of the better models are programmable and have toppgraphy. So far I have no complaints. You can plug way points , track your path, customize your read out , speed distance elevation etc. oh and you can order separate bases for your other vehicles so you can take it from bike to bike with zero tools.
    The issue I see with the trail tech is how you mount it. It comes with a bracket to mount to your handle bar clamps. The atc has a much wider base than say a 400ex. I think the garmin is a better unit anyway. No wiring easy install and you can hold it in your pocket if you go hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shawn Powell; 06-24-2017 at 10:37 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    I have a Garmin etrex10 on a RAM mount that u-bolts to your handle bars. Less than 200$ for everything. GPS is water proof shock proof and runs for like 20 plus hours on two AA batteries. I got it all at my local bass pro shop. Works great.
    This is the low end garmin. Some of the better models are programmable and have toppgraphy. So far I have no complaints. You can plug way points , track your path, customize your read out , speed distance elevation etc. oh and you can order separate bases for your other vehicles so you can take it from bike to bike with zero tools.
    The issue I see with the trail tech is how you mount it. It comes with a bracket to mount to your handle bar clamps. The atc has a much wider base than say a 400ex. I think the garmin is a better unit anyway. No wiring easy install and you can hold it in your pocket if you go hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was looking for a low end GPS unit to take hiking that displayed topography and all that good stuff. But I would of never thought of mounting one to my trike and being able to take it on the go. Thanks for the suggestion. I might just go with this someday. Would be cool to be able to share waypoints to meet up with friends. Although I doubt any of my friends would spend the money to get one lol.

--
    Appreciate the ideas, guys!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //