//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member with 1985 Honda 250ES

--

New member with 1985 Honda 250ES

Howdy gents. The name is Scott Gray. My Dad bought a Honda ATC250ES back in 1985. We used it hunting and putting around. It was never abused. Well, that is if you don't count the last 15-20 years of it sitting up....
    I asked him about it and he said take it.

Started working on her today. Pulled the tank, no holes but rusty inside. Petcock was removed and soaking in gas. Pulled the carb and it was a pain. Or should I say the choke was. Had to soak it in PB Blaster and she finally turned loose.
    Have a carb on the way. Will rebuild this one later.
    Gonna change all fluids tomorrow.

This is going to be an interesting journey.

--
    Good luck! Your at the right place for help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Cool! Best of luck on it. You'll end up with a great story and an awesome fun machine.

--
    If you bought one of those low priced Chinese carbs off of ebay, be careful. Some people seem to have great luck with them while others seem to have nothing but trouble.

--
    Take the bowl off before you install the new carb. Many aftermarket carbs have a gas dissolving gel pack inside to protect the float while shipping. This is probably the root of many peoples problem with these carbs. If you don't remove it you must let the machine idle for 30 min before you run it to dissolve the pack.

--
    Thanks for the tip.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry86 View Post
    Take the bowl off before you install the new carb. Many aftermarket carbs have a gas dissolving gel pack inside to protect the float while shipping. This is probably the root of many peoples problem with these carbs. If you don't remove it you must let the machine idle for 30 min before you run it to dissolve the pack.
    Wow. Never heard of that. Interesting. I know the jet size is hit and miss on the aftermarket carbs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //