//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sitting by the fire

--

sitting by the fire

Well 2017 trikefest was another great year for me. It's Saturday night and herk and jerk finished about 2 hrs ago and I'm sitting by the fire soaking up another year of the greatest times I will remember for the rest of my life. And as always I've met a ton of more great people. Thanks everyone! And I'll see you next year!

--
    I agree 100%. Despite the rain, it was a great event once again. Probably one of the best ever.
    Amazing turnout and many new and friendly people. The countdown begins now...

--
    1st time for us' We had a really good time!! It was great meeting a few of you. The "MUD" we brought about 50 lbs back to mass with us...the wife on the way home was already planning for next yr.
    Here's a sunset/mud pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	244257

Shep
    I see a toyhauler joining the fam in the near future...
    Lesson learned--always put a filter between the tank and carb from now on- stalling 3-4 times 1000ft from camp is not fun!!!
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-26-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added line/ fixed wording a little.

--
    Wow shep, you're giving me flashbacks from TF2015 in "Rain"dianna! That was a wet one also. Good times though!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    1st time for us' We had a really good time!! It was great meeting a few of you. The "MUD" we brought about 50 lbs back to mass with us...the wife on the way home was already planning for next yr.

Shep
    Lesson learned--always put a filter between the tank and carb from now on- stalling 3-4 times 1000ft from camp is not fun!!!
    Shep it's unfortunate our paths didn't cross. I was really looking forward to meeting you. I saw your bike in front of our camp, a few of us were drooling over it. Wow Shep! I hope you had a good time, this was a really good Trikefest.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Fabio- if i knew what you looked like i would have introduced myself, even the wife asked a couple times where the other guy from mass was. I think you drove past me on the way home, i was pulling a u-haul-it pulled nice but i didnt trust its tires above 60ish.
    The wife wants to know if your the guy with long dark hair?
    We mised the group photo (eating b-fast) and the parade we were packing.
    Good group of people, it was a blast- i couldn't get my son off the large mx track, he was all smiles!!!
    We'll catch up next yr.

Shep

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    All in all this Trikefest was great for me! I arrived almost too early, haha, Saturday evening. I was the first triker to arrive at Haspin this year and the Saturday night crowd of four wheeler riders and jeepers made me feel odd, haha. The park was far busier than I had expected it to be and finding a place to anchor my girthy toy hauler was kind of tricky. I ended up finding a spot after multiple laps around the parking lots. The next morning Mik6 arrived and we were able to find a much better spot to set up camp. It felt great when the other trikers started pulling in and Trikefest had officially began.

William, Curt (itrike), and myself went on a spirited woods ride and I opted to take the XR650L conversion to see how it would do. Well it excelled at climbing the few small hills we tackled, it's like a diesel with a good tune in it, but at the first sign of soft ground it sank and it sank deep. William had just ridden across on his 250R and didn't so much as leave any tire tracks, but the 650 was trying really hard to find the bottom, of which there was none. It sank like a farking rock! The three of us had to track down some good size branches to stick under the rear axle to pry up and break the suction, and it was suctioned in there tight! Curt and William really busted their asses with me dragging that thing out, and I was up to my knees in quick sand. I wasn't positive my feet were coming out at one point! It was then Curt's turn to cross on his newly acquired KDX200 conversion and he scooted right across without so much as a tire track. It was a short ride but it was fun!

Sunday through Thursday is the meat and potatoes at Trikefest. It's quiet enough you can bomb up the trails and have some parts of the place to yourself, but there are enough people there to have plenty of company. The essential people. I got some good river time, I think it was Tuesday and Wednsday. I really don't know how to put it into words and it's tough to start naming names because there are so many, but wow! We have the most fantastic group of people that show up to that event that you could ever ask for. They're pretty diverse as well, well, except for race, but other than that it's hilarious to see people from all walks of life who might not otherwise be together spend hours conversing, riding, eating, and making merry together. Just such a diverse and fantastic family we have. I feel as though the adversity of 2016 really banded so many together this year, the love was strong. I can't show enough appreciation for the guys and gals who stand up to run events and take charge when need be. Again, it's tough to name names, but schlepp himself (Brent) did a fantastic job with the barrel races and I saw him multiple times throughout the week pitching in wherever he could. Mandy on the Herk n' Jerk, William and Dave Swinger on the drags, Keister on the MX races (which evolved into flat track)... I'm sure many guys will want more flat tracking in the future now and I don't blame them.

The weather worked out great as far as I'm concerned. Having been there since Saturday I had more days than many of the other attendees to appreciate. Obviously Friday was a TOTAL washout, from dawn to dusk. I was aware that would likely be the case and I didn't feel like tromping around in the mud all day getting way too drunk, haha, so using the powers of the intranets I was able to locate a very fair maiden over in Cincinnati who was interested in meeting up for a bit. I must say, regardless of the rain Friday, it was a very, very good day.

Honestly I just can't say enough for the event and people we have there. I look at William sometimes and think about all that has stemmed from him. Just some kid with an internet forum, and look at what has branched out from there. Such great friendships, it truly feels like family. As I said, just too many people to name. It feels like I just started going to Trikefest, but this was my 7th one. It's amazing how much time has passed since my first one and how well we've all gotten to know each other, and it's great to watch the next generation pick right up on how it works because they most certainly are.

Kudos to us all for such a great time and cheers to William for being the beginning of this whole thing! Hear hear!!!
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 06-29-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Fabio- if i knew what you looked like i would have introduced myself, even the wife asked a couple times where the other guy from mass was. I think you drove past me on the way home, i was pulling a u-haul-it pulled nice but i didnt trust its tires above 60ish.
    The wife wants to know if your the guy with long dark hair?
    We mised the group photo (eating b-fast) and the parade we were packing.
    Good group of people, it was a blast- i couldn't get my son off the large mx track, he was all smiles!!!
    We'll catch up next yr.

Shep
    Ahh, your wife most likely saw Sanchez. My hair went south for the winter recently and has yet to return. I think it may be lost or something.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Steve showed us around when we arrived thursday/rain,mud ride friday/ saturday of course the river was flooded out bigtime, it didnt even look like the same river on the drive out!!!
    So its another thing to add to the list for next yr... Kids last day of school was tues, next yr i'll pull them out early, ha.

Shep

--
    When I got there it Monday noonish it took me abut a hour of "gotta do this ~gotta do that" then it dawned on me I was on vacation ,,,, screw it,,,, time to brew a pot of coffee + grill something.
    While sipping pm coffee + cooking few brauts I set a lofty goal for myself too not get out of first gear forward other then plug fouling low rpm reverse.
    Goal met

--
    I showed up Wednesday afternoon and knew that by showing up that late I really had to hustle to see everyone I wanted to. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I wanted to go talk to the Georgia trikes, i was even camped near them but didn't have a chance. That group had some fun and I wanted in! I did talk to a couple of them at barrel races on Thursday but I need to get me some more Georgia time next year. I missed Howdy, passed him a couple times but same thing, couldn't stop. I was lucky enough to enjoy a cup of coffee up at the cafeteria woth Mr. Swinehart, little did he know I was trying to enduce a bowel movement. I met some new people, made friends with a couple of guys I clashed with, and in general had an absolute blast of a time. Joe Dasher let me fulfill a childhood dream of taking a Honda pilot for a ride. It's just too damn short. The last 2 years I didn't have the best of time, this one reset me. I can't wait to get back. I encourage anyone who loves Trike Fest to come to the Unadilla or Pine Lake race, its a veey similar atmosphere and crowd. Schlep, sorry i didnt meet you but we'lltry again next year! I see we have a common friend, i saw Ethan Ritter on your 200x. Him and his father bought my tecate 500 last fall. Let's male sure we share a beverage next year!
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks fabio, I gotta say flagging at the oval track race was exciting! I was in the middle of it all enjoying the hell out of it. I wanna thank Tyler Mayfields dad for helping with the flagging to. Tyler and his dad are cool as hell. Can't wait until next year!

Merge_88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Shep, I was the guy on the 250SX that pulled up to you at the old barn while you messed with the auto X carb. It was great to meet you and get a chance to see your version of the auto X that I had read about so much while you built it! I sure appreciate all your insight and tips on what you did to the motor mounts and other odd/ends you did to make it work so well! It's definitely a well built trike that I will duplicate in the near future!

After reading about Trikefest for 10 years or so, this was the first that I made it to! I didn't get to stay just too long, but I will certainly be coming back for the week next year!

Shep
    1983 Honda 70
    1983 Honda 200
    1986 Honda "Super" 200X
    1983 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda Big Red
    1986 Honda 350X/400EX conversion
    2005 Yamaha WR450F conversion
    1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate

--
    Yup i remember you, thanks for stopping. That bike ran great for almost 2-days straight, i must have sucked in a chunk of dirt, serves me right for not putting a fuel filter... I thought about taking the carb off but the conditions there were not the place to to it. Last thing i wanted to do is go get the wifes quad to tow it back to camp. Great time anyhow though!!!
    See you next yr.

Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 07-01-2017 at 06:38 PM.

--
    Um, the C,L and extra P -- geez what'd you goto school in Massachusetts (happy 4th)

Shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //