//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83/84 ATC 250R Rear Shock Rebuild

--

83/84 ATC 250R Rear Shock Rebuild

I'm looking to rebuild the rear shock on my 84 ATC 250R but I'm not finding anyone that makes the seal head. I've checked Race Tech and All Balls but neither seems to sell it. Schmidty Racing sells seals for it but I would rather buy the entire head. Does anyone know if the seal head off the 85/86 R will work with the 83/84? Thanks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I'm looking to rebuild the rear shock on my 84 ATC 250R but I'm not finding anyone that makes the seal head. I've checked Race Tech and All Balls but neither seems to sell it. Schmidty Racing sells seals for it but I would rather buy the entire head. Does anyone know if the seal head off the 85/86 R will work with the 83/84? Thanks.
    Did you actually call race tech? Cause they didn't list my 350x either but they did have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    If the seal head is similar to the 350x/200x, then you really don't need to replace the entire head. There are two seals that you can replace pretty easily and race tech should have them. There is also a big o-ring on the outside. On the 350x/200x, the top seal is in plain sight. The other seal is on the bottom underneath a washer held in by a snap ring. It isn't too hard to do, but definitely buying the entire seal head would eliminate you needing to deal with any of these seals.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    No, I haven't called Race Tech--just looked at their website. I'm just used to buying the All Balls seal head which makes it easy. I talked with the guy at Schmidty Racing and he rebuilds the OEM head so I will probably just rebuild mine. Thanks guys.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have you rebuilt the shock yet? I'm looking into rebuilding mine on my 84.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    No, I haven't rebuilt it yet--decided to port the cylinder instead. I will be rebuilding it in the near future though. I'm going to use the rebuild kit sold by Schmidty Racing. Apparently nobody sells the complete seal head, which I usually use.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //