//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gas to Carb

--

Gas to Carb

I just finished putting my carb back together and cleaning it on my 200es but after putting it back on I can't get any gas to flow into the carb? I know for a fact that all the line is clean and it will come out of the petcock so any ideas?

--

Could my gas line not be like in the right position or something??

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If gas is flowing from hose when petcock is on then your float or needle inside carb is not allowing gas inside. You need to pull carb back apart and make sure the passage where needle is not clogged. When you say you cleaned carb what exactly did you do? Did you remove jets and needle/float and blow air through all passages to make sure everything is clean?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    If gas is flowing from hose when petcock is on then your float or needle inside carb is not allowing gas inside. You need to pull carb back apart and make sure the passage where needle is not clogged. When you say you cleaned carb what exactly did you do? Did you remove jets and needle/float and blow air through all passages to make sure everything is clean?
    I got gas to flow to it but now the thing won't start (it did before the clean)

--
    I'm assuming from the previous post that you confirmed that you have fuel in the float bowl now? Let us know how you confirmed. What I like to do is to open the drain on the bottom of the bowl and watch for fuel to flow out. This will confirm that you have fuel in the carb.

Did you mess with the idle adjustment screw when you rebuilt the carb? Turn up your idle... or hold the throttle partially open when you crank it.

Did you adjust the pilot screw? If you did, you need to set it back at the correct initial adjustment.

Is your spark plug wet or dry?
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    I'm assuming from the previous post that you confirmed that you have fuel in the float bowl now? Let us know how you confirmed. What I like to do is to open the drain on the bottom of the bowl and watch for fuel to flow out. This will confirm that you have fuel in the carb.

Did you mess with the idle adjustment screw when you rebuilt the carb? Turn up your idle... or hold the throttle partially open when you crank it.

Did you adjust the pilot screw? If you did, you need to set it back at the correct initial adjustment.

Is your spark plug wet or dry?
    How I know fuel is in the bowl: I used the drain screw

Did I mess with the idle adjustment screw?: No but I replaced the mixture screw, lowspeed jet, and that thingy that I always forget the name of that hangs from the float

Is my Spark plug wet or dry?: Dry, dark black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Are you sure the slide is in correctly and not 180 out. If in backward it will start sometimes but will run wide open. Remove spark plug from case but leave the boot on and let the plug rest against engine block while you crank over to see if its sparking.

--
    I'm using a 4164 spark plug and I just swapped it out for another one that is identical and it fired for about two seconds revved hard then died?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by miloman View Post
    I'm using a 4164 spark plug and I just swapped it out for another one that is identical and it fired for about two seconds revved hard then died?

Seems it will only fire if I spray starter fluid in the spark plug.

--
    The fuel hose connect to carb looks funky. Doesnt it connect to an upward facing tube behind that electric loom? I might not be following this correctly either. So ?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    The fuel hose connect to carb looks funky. Doesnt it connect to an upward facing tube behind that electric loom? I might not be following this correctly either. So ?
    It corrects upwards yes, but I believe I have gas in the carb (see my previous responses) but I can't keep it running without starter fluid so I'm not getting gas somewhere

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Gas to Carb

I would have to agree with fieldy that from the camera angle, it looks like your fuel line is DEFINITELY connected to the wrong spot on your carb. I'm sure it's just an illusion if you have fuel in your bowl.

If it were me, I would suspect a clogged idle circuit and I would at least pull the bowl and idle jet off of the carb. I would also make sure that the bowl is SPOTLESS and THOROUGHLY clean the slow jet.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Onetrackmind; 06-28-2017 at 10:45 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrackmind View Post
    I would have to agree with fieldy that from the camera angle, it looks like your fuel line is DEFINITELY connected to the wrong spot on your carb. I'm sure it's just an illusion if you have fuel in your bowl.

If it were me, I would suspect a clogged idle circuit and I would at least pull the bowl and idle jet off of the carb. I would also make sure that the bowl is SPOTLESS and THOROUGHLY clean the slow jet.

Hope that helps.

Thank you that does help and I can give that a go tomorrow, as I said many of the jets that I put in were band spanking New except for the main jet and I'm sure they're all clean and I could try again to get the fuel line on the right way but I can't seem to find the correct way to do it to make it all go down (usually goes up at some point) and I could include pictures of my carb or maybe even reinstall the old jets and screws?

--
    Did you leave a rag in the intake when you were cleaning the carb?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Gas to Carb

Unless there is a kink in your your fuel line, it will flow to your bowl due to gravity. You have to be SURE that you have a full bowl though (and it is SPOTLESS).

What about your choke? Does it fire w choke? W/out? Did you take it apart and clean its passage?

Last edited by Onetrackmind; 06-29-2017 at 12:23 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //