//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gas to Carb

--

Above is what my carb looks like from the outside (fuel line is sticking up in the air and I believe the one going to the side is the vent tube? And the one coming from the bottom is the drain tube)

And below is what it looks like from the inside (notice it's wet with fuel, so I am getting gas in there somewhere) (also notice all components have been replaced except for the float and main jet)

Below once again is my float and float valve

I can take any more pictures that you may need and will leave my carb off my ATC and disassembled until I get a response

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Gas to Carb

While it's off the machine, you should fully disassemble it and clean it again.

I would soak it in a Chemtool bath, then clean out all of the passages w carb cleaner and compressed air. Make sure that you clean your jets too. I like to take a strand of thin wire and work all the holes in the slow jet to make sure they are open. Make sure that your choke assembly is really clean too.

Are you sure that your fuel screw (mixture) is set to factory? That is where you need to be initially.

Is your new slow jet the same size (number) as your old one?

If the above doesn't help, your float level may not be set right (you are getting SOME fuel in your bowl, but just not ENOUGH).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrackmind View Post
    While it's off the machine, you should fully disassemble it and clean it again.

I would soak it in a Chemtool bath, then clean out all of the passages w carb cleaner and compressed air. Make sure that you clean your jets too. I like to take a strand of thin wire and work all the holes in the slow jet to make sure they are open. Make sure that your choke assembly is really clean too.

Are you sure that your fuel screw (mixture) is set to factory? That is where you need to be initially.

Is your new slow jet the same size (number) as your old one?

If the above doesn't help, your float level may not be set right (you are getting SOME fuel in your bowl, but just not ENOUGH).

I am doing a carb clean bath to it right now and I'll probe the holes once it's done, the mixture screw is set to 2 turns open from fully closed which is that factory setting that it says in the manual and the jet number is the same (the number is 38 on both) and I can't find any resources on how to set the float height??

--
    Quote Originally Posted by miloman View Post
    I am doing a carb clean bath to it right now and I'll probe the holes once it's done, the mixture screw is set to 2 turns open from fully closed which is that factory setting that it says in the manual and the jet number is the same (the number is 38 on both) and I can't find any resources on how to set the float height??
    You can't set the float height on that carb. It is what it is. Notice no metal tang on the floats.....un adjustable.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Gas to Carb

Yep...good eye Obe Wan.

You can check float level w the carb off of the bike, but you will need some clear tubing that fits your drain line.

Fill your carb w gas though the fuel line with your clear tubing connected to your drain. Hold the clear tubing vertical next to your bowl and open the drain screw. The level of fuel in your tube will be at the same height as it is in your bowl.

You may need to add more fuel to account for the volume that went into your new drain tube...

Last edited by Onetrackmind; 06-29-2017 at 08:25 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //