//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 330 kit?

--

330 kit?

Hello. I'm fairly new to this 250r thing but I'm hooked. I got a 83 250r that apparently has the 300 kit in it. And I pulled it apart to replace the base gasket and some how one of the rings got broken in the process. (drunk roomate). So now of course I can find a ring set anywhere. It is bored 1.00 over which puts it at 77mm. I have read a few things about a 330 kit for these hondaline motors. So my question to all of you trike guys is, where do I get one? And what do I have to do to my jug? Thanks.

--
    330 kit is from ESR and it's only for the 85-86 250r's. You need to find rings for that piston.

http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/...0bolt%20on.htm
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I believe the OP is talking about the mod that Racers toy store did to the 300 kit using a 330 piston. I'm not sure they're in business anymore, I can't find a website for them. There was a guy on Airfoolers that could do the mod but the site is still down. You may be able to find him on the "air cooled 250r owners" group on Facebook.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    If you can't find rings, maybe this could be an option for you to get you going. Not too far, either.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/for/6162184636.html

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    I believe the OP is talking about the mod that Racers toy store did to the 300 kit using a 330 piston. I'm not sure they're in business anymore, I can't find a website for them. There was a guy on Airfoolers that could do the mod but the site is still down. You may be able to find him on the "air cooled 250r owners" group on Facebook.

Yep, I can promise you racers toy store no longer exists. So you are referring to decking the cylinder 4mm and using the TRX 330 piston. You can try that. I would call wossner pistons first and see if they can make you one to fit your existing bore. Unfortunately its not cheap. 300 Kit pistons either need to be made or you need to swap out for another piston and change deck height/rod length to make it work.

--
    I tried getting a hold the guy that has that engine but I still haven't got a reply

--
    I got a hold of one of my buddies that works at a machine shop to see if he can order a ring set for a car or something along those lines. Hopefully we can make something work. If not I'm going to have to drop my kx500 in it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Majordood View Post
    I got a hold of one of my buddies that works at a machine shop to see if he can order a ring set for a car or something along those lines. Hopefully we can make something work. If not I'm going to have to drop my kx500 in it.
    If you don't want that motor send me a PM. I will take it.

--
    I will let you know. I'm going to explore some more option before I make a final decision.

--
    This is a typical problem with all of the big bore kits. Rings & over sized piston sets. Just about any cylinder can be re lined for a larger piston. Always make sure larger gaskets are available.

John Tice
    503-593-2908 Alternate 541-595-0310
    www.smallenginemachineworks.com & www.nwsleeve.com
    Turning Custom Cylinder Sleeves Since 1971
    http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...d-the-Shop.com

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //