//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some expertise after a mishap

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Tomorrow I'm picking up my R from my parents house? I wish I had that problem!
    Yeah, I've been storing it there the last few years, haven't rode it for at least a year. Unfortunately I don't have room to keep 2 trikes, so I'm putting one in storage, probably the 200x. I really just need to sell both of them since I don't ride them much.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    That looks like a nice, nice R. That would be a keeper in my opinion.
    Make yourself a cheap tester. Search leakdown tester on this site. You have to be careful about air leaks and it can be a saftey issue. An airleak can cause you to not be able to shut the motor off which can cause dieseling which can sieze your piston. Do a compression test too. That way you know what condition the rings are in and if you are needing to do a top end to prevent damage. It looks like it may be ready to go but i wouldnt run it much till i did the tests. You can run the engine and spray carb cleaner around the gaskets. If it dies you sprayed a leak. The testers are my prefered method.
    Download a free manual from this site and it should have a troublshooting section. Having a multimeter and a manual will be a great help to you.
    Last edited by fieldy; 07-15-2017 at 01:54 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    That looks like a nice, nice R. That would be a keeper in my opinion.
    Make yourself a cheap tester. Search leakdown tester on this site. You have to be careful about air leaks and it can be a saftey issue. An airleak can cause you to not be able to shut the motor off which can cause dieseling which can sieze your piston. Do a compression test too. That way you know what condition the rings are in and if you are needing to do a top end to prevent damage. It looks like it may be ready to go but i wouldnt run it much till i did the tests. You can run the engine and spray carb cleaner around the gaskets. If it dies you sprayed a leak. The testers are my prefered method.
    Download a free manual from this site and it should have a troublshooting section. Having a multimeter and a manual will be a great help to you.
    Thank you. I keep thinking I'll sell them, but just can't pull the trigger...lol. I've put too much money and sweat into both of them, the casual trike fan won't pay what I would like for them or invested in them, so I'm sorta stuck with them.
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shindig View Post
    Thank you. I keep thinking I'll sell them, but just can't pull the trigger...lol. I've put too much money and sweat into both of them, the casual trike fan won't pay what I would like for them or invested in them, so I'm sorta stuck with them.
    Well if you want to donate the 250r to my museum (aka my garage) I will happily preserve it ( aka ride it for many many years) and I'll even come by and pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Powell View Post
    Well if you want to donate the 250r to my museum (aka my garage) I will happily preserve it ( aka ride it for many many years) and I'll even come by and pick it up.

Define "donate"...lol. I almost enjoy working on them more than riding, probably be different if I lived in Cali like you. Here in Missouri there are only a few ATV parks to take them. I grew up as a kid in the country, so we rode our trikes wherever we could find, but living in the city, not so many places to take them.

I'll post some new pics of it up. I put a black headlight guard on it and NOS fork boot covers that fit better. I just can't quit spending money on these things
    Real men ride trikes!

--
    Haha yeah Cali is nice for riding , except for the summer. To hot. I've go mine ripped apart at the moment also. But I enjoy the riding much more. Don't sell either , drain the fuel and stand em up in the garage. If they do another imperial invasion this year bring em out. I'll bring extra beers.

--
    I'm with Shawn. Don't sell them! You'll kick yourself for years afterward.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //